Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
given the prices to have a second key programmed and after have seen several tricks for specific cars to programm a new car key at the car by the owner. I am wondering if anyone would be aware of any trick to put the car in programming mode in order to programm a second key blank key. I got only one original key for this car and now got a second one which was cut with a blank virgin programmable IP46 chip inside( which is the same original chip for this car) .
Would like to know of any ideas how to make car work with my second key. Thanks

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,969 Posts
You need a dealer level scan tool and the car's 6 digit immobiliser PIN code to program a new key.

If you could remove the transponder chip from your working key and glue it inside the ring antenna you'll be able to start the engine with any key that can turn the ignition on, regardless of whether it has a transponder or not.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need a dealer level scan tool and the car's 6 digit immobiliser PIN code to program a new key.

If you could remove the transponder chip from your working key and glue it inside the ring antenna you'll be able to start the engine with any key that can turn the ignition on, regardless of whether it has a transponder or not.
Yes I know this method but personally I wouln't go for this. If for whatever reason this microchip get lost, that is it I am in deep trouble. I like the idea that I saw somewhere online where the user can deactivate the car immobilise transponder in the car reprogramming it using one original key. Basically reprogramming the car to be used with any key. Not sure if this is possible with Hyundai.

·
Registered
16,969 Posts
Yes I know this method but personally I wouln't go for this. If for whatever reason this microchip get lost, that is it I am in deep trouble.
You wouldn't be in any more trouble than you'd be in if you lost your only working key, or if your only working key lost it's code which can happen sometimes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You wouldn't be in any more trouble than you'd be in if you lost your only working key, or if your only working key lost it's code which can happen sometimes.
I am getting to the point of considering to do what you have mentioned and remove the transponder chip to have it fixed with hot glue at the ignition barrel. Maybe I can remove the plastic cover shell from the ignition barrel and fix chip inside and close everything again. I am struggling , however , to find the right location for the transponder. I am using a second key to start the car and having the original programmed key near the ignition barrel but no luck to start the car. Any tips how to find the location. The transponder chip on these keys apparently are located at the very middle of the key but I found no way to start the car placing the programmed key near the barrel. Don't want destroy my key if no location can be found.

·
Registered
16,969 Posts
The coded key needs to be placed through the center of the ring antenna.
Remove the ring antenna and place your coded key through the ring. Now you'll be able to start the engine with the second key.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

No. You don't . It has been done a copy with at the locksmith now for £30 including cut and chip using a generic coping key tool Just tought to let you knwow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts