Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Does any one knows if the seat belt for a 2007 Matrix front drivers and front passengers are interchangeable? I have a drivers one in need of replacement and found a lot of passengers one for the same car used. Any thoughts and ideas if this should be a exactly match or replacement? thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Seat belts aren't interchangeable.
May I ask what may be the differences, they look identical just curious as I can't see any visual differences. The only think I can think about is if I can connect the drivers chime(alarm) connector wiring cable on the passenger one other than that all mechanism seems to be the same between front driver and front passenger but may I be missing something?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,930 Posts
May I ask what may be the differences, they look identical just curious as I can't see any visual differences.
If you look closely you might notice that they are actually visually different. One is a mirror image of the other, not to mention there is a big "RH" on the right hand belt and a "LH" on the left one to prevent folk from doing exactly what your proposing to do.

But the visual differences aren't as important as the mechanical ones. Inertia reel seatbelts are designed to lock when a forward force is applied to the belt webbing. If you swap them over they wont lock in an accident because the force applied to the belt webbing is also swapped over. So yeah, they might be physically interchangeable and might appear to work OK when swapped over. But they might not actually do their job when you really need them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you look closely you might notice that they are actually visually different. One is a mirror image of the other, not to mention there is a big "RH" on the right hand belt and a "LH" on the left one to prevent folk from doing exactly what your proposing to do.

But the visual differences aren't as important as the mechanical ones. Inertia reel seatbelts are designed to lock when a forward force is applied to the belt webbing. If you swap them over they wont lock in an accident because the force applied to the belt webbing is also swapped over. So yeah, they might be physically interchangeable and might appear to work OK when swapped over. But they might not actually do their job when you really need them.
Ok. That makes sense. Thank you for clarifying as I didn't consider that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts