Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a 10 months old Matrix 1.8 GSI and have recently noticed the idle speed was high between 1000 and 2000 rpm. I have also noticed this tends to rise further when I change down gears say from third to second. I took it to a hyundai approved garage where it took 3 days to 'fix' it but i'm still not happy as the problem has not been resolved. My previous car was a matrix 1.6 and I did not have this problem - the idle speed was hardly over 1000 when stationary in traffic. Any contributions will be welcome. Is it a known provblem?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Originally posted by dokur@Sep 26 2004, 01:35 PM
I have recently purchased a 10 months old Matrix 1.8 GSI and have recently noticed the idle speed was high between 1000 and 2000 rpm. I have also noticed this tends to rise further when I change down gears say from third to second. I took it to a hyundai approved garage where it took 3 days to 'fix' it but i'm still not happy as the problem has not been resolved. My previous car was a matrix 1.6 and I did not have this problem - the idle speed was hardly over 1000 when stationary in traffic. Any contributions will be welcome. Is it a known provblem?
[snapback]1328[/snapback]​

get them to check the sensors or even the vacuum hoses.. there might be a leak some where

1 - 2 of 2 Posts