Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
The lines of it remind me of the Dodge Magnum, a miniature hearse!!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
The only reason I didn't get the Magnum was because of the crappy gas mileage. If they do this with a Turbo and it still gets over 30mpg hwy, i'm all over an SE.

·
Registered
426 Posts
comon guys, this is the fourth thread on the exact same topic in 2 days, can't we keep them in one?

·
Registered
722 Posts
No wagon for me, I am going to hold out for when they bring out the Roadster............. :whistling:

·
Registered
548 Posts
I vote we lock this thread before some of us (and you know who you are...) have an massive aneurysm... :grin:

·
Registered
953 Posts
I'm sure it would sell well. Lots of folks don't want a van or CUV but would julp at having a wagon!

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Okay guys....because you're not mods you can't know just how much the merge function on this board actually sucks. Bill has been trying to merge all the Sonata wagon topics with no success. I just tried it and two of the three wagon topics disappeared. I can't find them anywhere so this is all that's left I'm afraid. If I made your topic go away accidentally, please don't take it personally...it was not intentional.

I'm going to pin this topic to keep the clutter down.

·
Registered
548 Posts
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ Jun 2 2010, 12:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328710
Okay guys....because you're not mods you can't know just how much the merge function on this board actually sucks. Bill has been trying to merge all the Sonata wagon topics with no success. I just tried it and two of the three wagon topics disappeared. I can't find them anywhere so this is all that's left I'm afraid. If I made your topic go away accidentally, please don't take it personally...it was not intentional.

I'm going to pin this topic to keep the clutter down.
Oh, come on! The re-repost won the merge fight??? BOOO!!!!

I kid, I KID! :bwekk:

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
The wagon shows great potential, in fact I might consider one when my towing days are over. Looks like a classy step down from a Santa Fe, for hatchback addicts.

Hopefully the roofline won't be too saggy in the name of style, however. It's one thing for the sedan to sacrifice a bit of back seat headroom, but a wagon with a severely pinched-off roofline is kinda pointless. That silver Mercedes-ish rendering looks like an elephant sat on it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
hey guys it been a couple months since i been in this forum...but yeah, this wagon looks cool, and i called it a few months back that Hyundai would come out(or at least try) w/ a wagon, a 2-door coupe, a convertable & crossover...... let the games begin!!! how have your 5th generations been treatin ya guys so far???

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Calguy...Are you looking at the enlarged pictures?...Of course it's a Sonata! The chrome trim strip is clearly visible and over-done, going up the ends of the of the windows and around the side mirrors.

You can clearly see the side-ridge along the doors, under the cover. Even poking out in front in the exposed opening.

If you look at the front end pics, the openings show the headlights and grille of the soon-to-be-released Sonata Hybrid.

·
Registered
42 Posts
QUOTE (Hues @ Jul 27 2010, 10:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345216
Calguy...Are you looking at the enlarged pictures?...Of course it's a Sonata! The chrome trim strip is clearly visible and over-done, going up the ends of the of the windows and around the side mirrors.
I see the chrome along the tops of the doors and going around the side mirror, but NOT all the way to the front. The signature Sonata chrome line goes all the way to the front headlights. The pictures of the wagon do not show that because instead of the chrome line continuing to the front of the car, it turns and goes around the side mirror... see this picture of the sedan and you'll see what i mean.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/08/consume...ns-of-2011-hyu/

so if the other pic is of a soon to be released sonata wagon, they must have decided to do away with that line going all the way to the front of the car... which would be odd

·
Registered
142 Posts
The Sonata wagon will have quite a few unique styling cues to differentiate it from the sedan, much like the Elantra and Elantra Touring except a bit more pronounced. I personally think this is a gutsy move on Hyundai's part and am very curious to see if it pays off for them.

Basically there will be 3 different Sonatas from a styling standpoint (2.4l/2.0T sedan, hybrid sedan, and 2.4l/2.0T wagon.....there will be no hybrid wagon as far as I know).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts