Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sonata SEL
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I did a Google search "why did Hyundai become so popular"
The search results were very interesting.

Example;
https://www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/savvy-buyers-kia-hyundai.html/?a=viewall

We Hyundai owners used to be the guys who parked in the back of the lot. We knew our cars were special but we were still a bit embarrassed. Hyundai was the automotive joke.
Well that moniker is a thing of the past.. albeit the fairly recent past.
But hey Hyundai-Kia owners, hold your head high because now we're the hip and cool guys. And the future is very bright!

·
Registered
914 Posts
I still park mine in the back of the lot, because I don't want some yahoo in a 99 Acura creating door dings, and I don't mind the walk. :)

·
Registered
2021 Sonata SEL
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still park mine in the back of the lot, because I don't want some yahoo in a 99 Acura creating door dings, and I don't mind the walk.
Actually I do the same thing as you. Park far away and avoid the parking lot nincompoops. Also for the added excerise.
But not because I'm embarrassed about my Hyundai.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Today I did a Google search "why did Hyundai become so popular"
The search results were very interesting.

Example;
https://www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/savvy-buyers-kia-hyundai.html/?a=viewall

!
Fastest growing car company by what measure ? Hyundai's sales are down some 15% in the US market for 2017.

Brands like Tesla, Jaguar and Subaru are experiencing much higher sales growth taken as annual percentage gains.

Going back to the late 80s - never forget a friend I worked with and skied with bought a Hyundai Sonata and tried to keep pace with my turbo Saab going up highway 24 in C Springs, a steep incline. I glanced in my rear view mirror and saw his car dropping back and off to the shoulder amid clouds of billowing grey and black smoke, scratch one Hyundai engine !

Thank goodness they are now making much better vehicles, while Saab of course no longer exists.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm formerly a 2x Nissan guy (Mom's retired from Nissan; I can buy at cost) and Toyota owner. When I started looking at replacing my truck, I was first looking at other Nissan's, but the quality has decreased. Honda's were a little too much $ since they bank on their name, and Toyota didn't have exactly what I was looking for (and I was considering used).

Figured I'd take a look at Hyundai CPO's, and I'm glad I did. For just under $15k, I got a 3-year-old loaded Elantra GT with Tech and Style pkgs, 6-spd, and 11k miles. No other competitor came close. Admittedly, I was first seriously considering a Veloster Turbo, but this was $5k less, and fits my budget just fine. Heated leather, nav, BT, pano roof, power everything... I love driving it. Glad I decided to look outside my comfort zone.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Happy with my vehicle and I see Hyundai everywhere now. Resale value is pretty bad though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts