Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how many miles I should be getting out of a full tank. I filled up the other day and the computer said 260 miles. This seems a bit low compared with my wife's 1.7 Deisel manual the computer says 469 on a full tank, any ideas and is there a simple check Hyundai can do to see what is going on

Any assistance would be appreciated.
JB

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,862 Posts
Don't believe everything the computer tells you. Just reset your trip mileage and see how far you get before you need to refill. I'd be very surprised if you only get 260ish miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply but as per my original post such a vast difference between the two cars. Ok I understand 2.0 auto is a bigger engine than the wife's 1.7 manual and I expect less mpg but I don't understand why the computer say 260 miles left in tank when full and the wife's say 469 when she fills up. There must be an error somewhere.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,862 Posts
I don't understand why the computer say 260 miles left in tank when full and the wife's say 469 when she fills up.
My guess is the range will be calculated from the average MPG recorded by the computer at the time you fill the tank. If the average MPG was low when you filled the tank because you had been stuck in traffic, or had climbed a hill or whatever, the range calculated will be low too.

The available range is just an estimate (guess) so don't worry about it. Just enjoy driving the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts