Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need to have the official hyundai ipod cable with usb/aux 3.5mm plug to playback music from iphone 4 properly?
Anyone know how much this cable is, will be picking up vehicle monday, what should I look for before I take delivery.

·
Registered
570 Posts
QUOTE (diabolical7 @ Dec 24 2010, 01:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=383116
Do I need to have the official hyundai ipod cable with usb/aux 3.5mm plug to playback music from iphone 4 properly?
Anyone know how much this cable is, will be picking up vehicle monday, what should I look for before I take delivery.
Assuming you have the touchscreen in your Tucson, you will want to have the cable that Hyundai supplies. Once it is hooked up to your iPod/iPhone, everything comes through your touchscreen as though IT were the iPod itself. Very slick operation, at least from what I have seen, and much better integration than any other car I've had to this point. My cable came with my car, so I don't know the exact cost, but as I recall, it was something like $30 US.

Good luck with your new vehicle. I hope you love it as much as most of us here do!

tim B)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Why do you need their cable??
I can't get the wifes to work with just a standard iod cable but there should be nothing different from this and any other usb ipod cable I would think.
Whats the difference?

·
Registered
570 Posts
QUOTE (Frunple @ Dec 26 2010, 06:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=383543
Why do you need their cable??
I can't get the wifes to work with just a standard iod cable but there should be nothing different from this and any other usb ipod cable I would think.
Whats the difference?
I am surely no expert on this, but from what I understand, the usb port is only supplying power and communication to the ipod, but not the audio signal, which would explain why the special cable has two plugs, not just the usb. If anyone can confirm (or contradict?) this, please do!

tim B)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
picked it up, and the normal ipod cable DOES NOT work must require the hyundai 3.5mm + usb cord for the iphone to work.
still evaluating the vehicle with the boss

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not so sure about that, my son got his ipod touch to work in the car with a stock ipod cable. He couldn't control it but it was playing music through the car stereo.
I haven't witnessed it myself yet but the wife said it was playing fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts