Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just installed the hyundai sri. I notice a whining/humming noise while idling. sounds almost like a bad alternator. The noise is coming from the intake pipe. Is this normal? Do you all hear the same whine/hum? It's not bad per se, just new. I do love the sound when i stomp it... cool! sounds bad!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome...

can't wait to drive into work in the morning. :)

sounds bad$$$!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so it does wine when you hit the gas too. so that's normal part of the air suckage? at crusing, like 75, it is quiet unless you hit the gas to pass etc...then it wines a little.....

all normal then right?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
What mine does, is it has that hum when ideling, but when I have the throttle down pretty far when I stay in a lower gear, with low RPMs, it gets deep.  But I don't have the same setup as you do though.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
with windows down it is barely noticeable.

up you can here it good. radio should mask it. :)

when you punch it, wow. it reminds me of my old bronco that i put a FIPK (same as a short ram intake) on....and that was a 302 v8...

;-)

varoooom...

·
1,565 Posts
QUOTE (RoosterSauce @ Oct 28 2010, 02:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367047
My Accent is stock and sounds like a sewing machine, and I like it. Is that normal?
It is completely normal to like sewing machine sounds. It's kind of like white noise to me.

·
Registered
219 Posts
QUOTE (bloodninja @ Oct 28 2010, 04:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367059
My Accent IS a sewing machine. It hemmed my pant legs for me. Is this normal?
I wish that was normal. I have about six pair of 30" inseam pants that I need hemmed down to 29" inseam. If my Accent could do that, I'd be so happy. I'd have to do something really nice for it. Maybe a good waxing and a drive through the country.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts