Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a 2010 Hyundai i45 and I need to replace the third stop light but have no idea how. I’ve tried searching the internet but everything comes up with the Sonata which is a slightly different setup? Does anyone know how to replace this high stop light?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
That will be a LED array, so whole assembly will be replaced I think?
Does it look like this and sit low in the parcel tray? Got any pictures? If it's in the tray , the tray will need to be removed, that could be fun. As you can see there's 2 screws to be removed as well

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
For the tray to be removed, the back seat(s) needs to also be removed to gain access to the screws securing the tray which hide behind the backrest. I had this joyful experience on an older NF Sonata, just needed a $2 bulb and all they needed to do was have an access panel from the boot but no, let's make it challenging.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea it is an LED array as per your pic. Ok thanks I’ll have a look behind the back seats to see if I can find any screws.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I'm thinking have a look in the boot for the harness that may connect to that light, then hopefully the tray lifts and comes out. Hang on and I'l copy the instructions hoping it's the same car as yours

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
The rear pillar trims also need to come out(plastic) and there's likely a plastic cap may have air bag or srs on it, pop that out , there'll be a 10mm bolt in there, the rest will be clips, that both sides.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts