Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have just got an i40 tourer and we are having an issue with the keyless entry and lock. The proximity boot works fine as does they key fob buttons, however the driver and passenger door will not lock or unlock using the micro switches on them. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
This has been a constant problem for me.
We bought our i40 Premium Tourer, brand new in September 2017 and until now, our car has been back to the dealer numerous times for replacement door handles (apparently, they come as a complete unit and can't just replace the button).

In the 2 and a half years we've had it, it's had around 9 replacement door handles. The micro switches feel like they go solid and no longer work (or work intermittantly). On the last occassion, my car was locking and unlocking itself every 20 or so seconds.

So if it's still under warranty, i'd get them to replace the handles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was exactly that in the end and they replaced them with no hassle at all! Quite impressed with the service level to be honest! Just hope it doesn’t reoccur as frequently as yours seem to have!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been pretty pleased with the service each time they've been changed. Just a bit of a hassle having to take the car in for them to check and confirm they need replacing, then taking it back again when they get them in. The first time I had quite a wait as they had to be painted, but after that apparently they started coming ready painted.

The dealer has been quite surprised with the amount of times I've had the same problem - they recon they have only changed a few handles before, so hopefully not a common problem and you'll be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts