Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi yesterday when i left home to work after 5 min i noticed a tale of white and grayish smoke and smell of oil burning in my car . i just pulled over in safe place and opened the bonnet but the engine was working properly without any shaking and not smoke from engine but i noticed the plenty of smoke coming from the exhaust pipe . i checked the coolant level and oil and was exactly as before . i just driving back home cause i dont want any more damaging happend to my engine . The car is CRDI 1.7 turbo engine and the model is 2012 . any suggestions and advice will appriciate . Thanks:crying2::frown:

·
Registered
85 Posts
White or grayish smoke usually means unburnt diesel. But if you smelt oil then you could be burning oil although the smoke associated with that is bluish. Having said that it is very difficult to tell the two colours apart. Time for you to visit your local friendly mechanic I think.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you i am planning to visit my mechanic first thing in the monday morning . The question is the engine works perfectly without lacking of power if the piston rings has broken down or valve stem seals worn out i think i had noticed the lack of power . also i tried to start the engine again when the car was in idle for 10 min but not smoking .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts