Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 67 reg i40 auto, and I would like to know if anyone else is having problems with their gearboxes.
When I'm slowing down in my car, the gears drop from 7th to 4th or 3rd, I have taken it back into Hyundai dealer a couple of time, and they tell me that there is nothing wrong with it, but I have my doubts.
I would be grateful for any comments regarding my issue.
Pete

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Can't comment as mine is auto, you must have the later DCT version. How long have you had the car? When it shifts 7-4 is it over revving or just matching the speed if you had to accelerate it would be in the correct gear? Is this with brake application or coasting down?

Diesel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had the car about 6 months, its Diesel, yes it does over rev when it drops down through the gears with brake application.
And no, if I accelerate, it would be in a gear that's too low for the speed of the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have a 67 reg i40 auto, and I would like to know if anyone else is having problems with their gearboxes.
When I'm slowing down in my car, the gears drop from 7th to 4th or 3rd, I have taken it back into Hyundai dealer a couple of time, and they tell me that there is nothing wrong with it, but I have my doubts.
I would be grateful for any comments regarding my issue.
Pete
Hi

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi i have a i40 2017 1.7 deisel turbo that does the same have you had your problem sorted yet. I also have a shudder in the gearbox mostly when its warm stop starting in traffic, they are trying to tell me its normal, cant believe it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Main dealers are amazing , back street service for gold money !

Is there a reset procedure for the TCU and what is the ATF change interval ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts