Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a problem with my i30 been cutting out lately and hard to start back up.put computer on it came up as fault code p0335 which is crankshft sensor changed it and car wont start just turn over .if i spray easy start in air box it will start and run for while then just cut out again but wont start .also changed cam sensor made no difference

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,720 Posts
How old is the car?
Is the immobiliser warning light (car with a key inside) coming on along with the other warning lights when you turn the ignition on?
Is the 335 code still being logged with the new crank sensor installed?

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 2008 when u turn key on with immobiliser key light stays on.a esp off light stays on and yes fault code still coming up when changed crank sensor tried resetting it with computer but soon as you try to start car it comes back on

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,720 Posts
A 2008 will have the older VRS type crank sensor. You should unplug the sensor and measure the voltage on the three terminals of the harness connector (ignition on). You should get voltage on two of the terminals (about 0.7V, if I remember correctly), and nothing on the third. If you get voltage at the sensor connector that usually means the wiring coming from the engine PCM is OK.

When you removed the original sensor did it have it's rubber 'O' ring oil seal still attached. Sometime the 'O' ring comes off and sits in the bottom of the sensor cavity. If you it the new sensor on top of the old 'O' ring it can stop the new sensor from working because the air gap between the sensor and the tone wheel on the crankshaft is too large.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The o ring was on it .I am just stumped why it wont start .I also changed cam sensor aswell .it will start if I put easy start in air box and run for a while then just cut out .Fault code is crank sensor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts