Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Hyundai i20 should include HAC (Hill Assist Control) function, but for some reason I can't get it working.
I tried on small hills first. When I stopped in the middle of the hill, I pressed break pedal and after releasing it, car would start moving backwards instantly. There is no 2 sec waiting time like it should be.

I then also tried on very step hill ... about 15% incline and still the same thing.
Also tried pressing on stop pedal very strong ... as much as possible and still same result.

Does anyone know at what angle the vehicle must be for HAC to activate?

·
Registered
22 Posts
It is useless on my 2015 i20. Only activates on a very specific angle of hill, and inconsistently at that. Always catches me out. I'd rather it was selectable by the driver.

I bought the car second hand so don't know whether it was better when brand new.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to update this. During the summer, I went to Croatia with my car, and while I was searching for apartment, I came across insanely step hill, like never before.
That's the first time that HAC activated in my car. I was actually surprised since it never worked before, but I still can't get my head around it, why does it activate only on insanely step hills.
If I understand that system correctly, car have some sort of sensor that detects how step the hill is, and if it's over like 30° it will activate, otherwise not. I'm wondering if it would be possible to reprogram this, to activate HAC also on smaller hills.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts