Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,

On our new i20 (made at Hyundai Assan Otomotiv San ve Tic. A.Ş. - Kozyatağı in Turkey), this auto-lock feature was enabled from factory.
It works at about 10 kmph.

For the kids, the rear doors may also be locked in order they can't be opened from the inside.

Roland

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

After searching the net for quite some time i got to know a feature in Hyundai I20 which is not enabled by default from the factory and it is, doors getting automatically locked ( in case if you forgot to lock the doors) as you reach 40kmph speed....and when the vehicle is stopped and key is removed it will again unlock the doors...

Well i had taken my car for 2nd servicing in Pune, and got it enabled in just 5 mins and immediately the service advisor took me with him for the test drive... it worked just fine.... :)

he did not even charge me anything for it... all he had to do was connect a GScan to my car and change the software setting... thats it...!!!!

it has not affected the cars warranty also...

he also told me this locking feature is enabled only at 40kmph and we cannot lower it less than 40kmph...

don't know why such a good feature is not factory enabled and we have to ask for it....

Anyways it works fine and i am happy again....yippee... :liebe011:

Thanx..
Sumedh Jadhav
Pune, India

may i know what car model you have ..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Feature not available in my 2014 i20--what service center guys say

After reading multiple feedback and answers that auto door lock can be enabled in any i20 model. I asked my service center guy to make the changes. I have i-20 sportz 2014. He said that inm the software it is not showing to enable or disable the feature. How can we provide any work around for this.

Hi All,

After searching the net for quite some time i got to know a feature in Hyundai I20 which is not enabled by default from the factory and it is, doors getting automatically locked ( in case if you forgot to lock the doors) as you reach 40kmph speed....and when the vehicle is stopped and key is removed it will again unlock the doors...

Well i had taken my car for 2nd servicing in Pune, and got it enabled in just 5 mins and immediately the service advisor took me with him for the test drive... it worked just fine.... :)

he did not even charge me anything for it... all he had to do was connect a GScan to my car and change the software setting... thats it...!!!!

it has not affected the cars warranty also...

he also told me this locking feature is enabled only at 40kmph and we cannot lower it less than 40kmph...

don't know why such a good feature is not factory enabled and we have to ask for it....

Anyways it works fine and i am happy again....yippee... :liebe011:

Thanx..
Sumedh Jadhav
Pune, India

·
Registered
3 Posts
sg2011 : The service engineer is giving you false info... coz mine is i20 Sportz 2011 model and it does have autolock feature enabled by the service engineers only... Just ask him to connect the Gscan tool to your vehicle and ask him to do the needful... Also he should not charge you as mine was done for free of charge saying its a factory inbuilt feature...
What features is it ? Coz when I visited they said they do not have the option

21 - 27 of 27 Posts