Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

After searching the net for quite some time i got to know a feature in Hyundai I20 which is not enabled by default from the factory and it is, doors getting automatically locked ( in case if you forgot to lock the doors) as you reach 40kmph speed....and when the vehicle is stopped and key is removed it will again unlock the doors...

Well i had taken my car for 2nd servicing in Pune, and got it enabled in just 5 mins and immediately the service advisor took me with him for the test drive... it worked just fine.... :)

he did not even charge me anything for it... all he had to do was connect a GScan to my car and change the software setting... thats it...!!!!

it has not affected the cars warranty also...

he also told me this locking feature is enabled only at 40kmph and we cannot lower it less than 40kmph...

don't know why such a good feature is not factory enabled and we have to ask for it....

Anyways it works fine and i am happy again....yippee... :liebe011:

Thanx..
Sumedh Jadhav
Pune, India

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah , I have asked service center to enable the auto door locking .. because of my naughty kid. Its autolock as soosn u reachs a avarage speed of 40 KMPH.

They don't have lesser thand this .. I mean 40 KMPH is a base line.

Regards
Akhilesh

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes akhilesh i had asked the service guy and he confirmed its only 40kmph what they can set it automatically, not less than that...!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just booked in for my first service.

Dealer has agreed to enable the autolocking.

Probably a good idea - especially with a 4 door.

I wonder if there are any more hidden extras we are not aware of?

Lester..

·
Registered
4 Posts
After the driving the Hyundai I 20 I know about its more then the before. I realised that in the Hyundai I20 if the car is running on 40kmph the door of the car is automatic lock.
According to me, This called amazing feature that provides by the Hyundai. The advantage of this feature is , if forget to close or lock the door it will automatic close the door on speed of 40kmph. It called nice because there is no worried about of the door.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can also enable the Auto Unlock Option through G-Scan.
i.e the moment you take out the key from the keyhole all doors gets unlocked automatically.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, I recently got my i20 sportz and I went to the dealer to get this feature enabled, speed sensing auto door lock and auto door unlock when the ignition
key is removed from the ignition. The service guy says this is only possible in Asta model. Is this true??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sg2011 : The service engineer is giving you false info... coz mine is i20 Sportz 2011 model and it does have autolock feature enabled by the service engineers only... Just ask him to connect the Gscan tool to your vehicle and ask him to do the needful... Also he should not charge you as mine was done for free of charge saying its a factory inbuilt feature...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Sumedh,

Where did you get this done in Pune? I mean which car dealer? Even I would like to get this done. This is would be great feature

Regards

Aniket :liebe011:

QUOTE (sumedh @ Dec 18 2010, 04:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=381236
Hi All,

After searching the net for quite some time i got to know a feature in Hyundai I20 which is not enabled by default from the factory and it is, doors getting automatically locked ( in case if you forgot to lock the doors) as you reach 40kmph speed....and when the vehicle is stopped and key is removed it will again unlock the doors...

Well i had taken my car for 2nd servicing in Pune, and got it enabled in just 5 mins and immediately the service advisor took me with him for the test drive... it worked just fine.... :)

he did not even charge me anything for it... all he had to do was connect a GScan to my car and change the software setting... thats it...!!!!

it has not affected the cars warranty also...

he also told me this locking feature is enabled only at 40kmph and we cannot lower it less than 40kmph...

don't know why such a good feature is not factory enabled and we have to ask for it....

Anyways it works fine and i am happy again....yippee... :liebe011:

Thanx..
Sumedh Jadhav
Pune, India

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (sumedh @ Jul 23 2011, 09:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=479876
sg2011 : The service engineer is giving you false info... coz mine is i20 Sportz 2011 model and it does have autolock feature enabled by the service engineers only... Just ask him to connect the Gscan tool to your vehicle and ask him to do the needful... Also he should not charge you as mine was done for free of charge saying its a factory inbuilt feature...
Thanks for your reply and confirmation :) ...I am going to force that service engineer to plug in the Gscan and do the needful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hyundai I20 Door Autolock At 40kmph...!

Hi Sumedh,

Where did you get this done in Pune? I mean which car dealer? Even I would like to get this done. This is would be great feature

Regards

Aniket :liebe011:

QUOTE (sumedh @ Dec 18 2010, 04:06 PM)

Hi Aniket,

As I have purchased my I20 from Kothari Hyundai, so I have got the auto-lock feature enabled from their Satara Road service station. :)

Thanx...
Sumedh Jadhav
Pune, India.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just booked in for my first service.

Dealer has agreed to enable the autolocking.

Probably a good idea - especially with a 4 door.

I wonder if there are any more hidden extras we are not aware of?

Lester..

Yes, there are few more hidden features like Radio RDS and A/C check up... :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Aniket,

As I have purchased my I20 from Kothari Hyundai, so I have got the auto-lock feature enabled from their Satara Road service station. :)

Thanx...
Sumedh Jadhav
Pune, India.
Hey sumidh could you please tell will they activate this feature for my new all i gen i20 asta model, I have purchased it from Garve and they dont have updated gscan software and were helpless.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think you should ask for the activation of HALO1 (Hyundai Auto Locking ...), it should be activated at no costs at all - I was asked money here in Romania and after sending a e-mail letter to Hyundai Worldwide, the romanian representatives invited me to activate the option with no charges, they gave me the list of official dealers to choose where to go.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts