Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
nice effort but your engine sucks now warm air.relocate it at front to a better position if you insist of having a free flow air filter.have you noticed any differences over the stock air box beside the sound? btw welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the comment mate.there is no any other place to put the intake other than this.the engine bay is too cramped. that's why i chose this setup.the performance become much better than the stock box.the engine become very smooth and initial pickup is better.and of course the tempting roaring sound is awesome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is k&n RU 2990.total cost is 6700 including the flange,pipe and labour charge.and dosnt have any loss in mpg in normal drive..i think the mileage is improved a bit..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes panayotis I10 there is some space in front of the battery.but the problem is ,the position of radiator is also there..if i put the intake there,then it will suck the hot air coming out of the radiator fan.

·
Registered
88 Posts
seeing again your photos more carefully i say you're right mate.unfortunately (as you said) there is not much space at our i10 engine bay.at the left side (as we look in front of the car) also hasn't got much room that's why the stock air box sits just above the rocker cover which for me isn't the best place to bolt it on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have gone through the official website of K&N, but as per Hyundai i10 Specifications, the available air filter is of the model 33-2978 which is cubic in shape. But as you have flitted this conical air filter, so I am little bit confused about this. I want to know the model of this conical filter and the format you followed to attach it into your car. But if I am not wrong this is one of the universal air filters.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts