Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am having trouble starting my car- all the ignition lights and interior lights come on but when I turn the key to start engine it clicks. It is a 2011 car.

Anyone got any ideas.

Many thanks
Laura

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
It wouldn't be a starter relay then?
i would start with the basics instead of jumping to parts. as darrenbach mentioned check your battery connections for corrosion i would take the battery cables off and do a good cleaning on both terminal & cable ends do that first to eliminate a bad conection.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
If you live in a cold climate it's a good idea to change the battery at 4 or 5 years. Mine was good but I changed it this year...about 125 from Walmart. If you buy one at most auto parts stores they will install it free. You still may have grounding issues on an '11 though. P0616 can be anywhere in the circuitry, but the battery is a strong contender.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you live in a cold climate it's a good idea to change the battery at 4 or 5 years. Mine was good but I changed it this year...about 125 from Walmart. If you buy one at most auto parts stores they will install it free. You still may have grounding issues on an '11 though. P0616 can be anywhere in the circuitry, but the battery is a strong contender.
Would you suggest changing the battery first before thinking of any major parts? Surely if the jumper booster didn't work the battery must be fine?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
17,128 Posts
Surely if the jumper booster didn't work the battery must be fine?
If you have a trouble code pointing at the relay it is not a battery issue. It's a relay circuit issue.
On one of your other threads (do we really need 3 to deal with this one problem?) I offered some advice for checking the relay circuit. Did you take it?

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
‘22 Tucson Limited PHEV, Deep Sea Blue and black
52 Posts
Hi
I am having trouble starting my car- all the ignition lights and interior lights come on but when I turn the key to start engine it clicks. It is a 2011 car.

Anyone got any ideas.

Many thanks
Laura
After reading all these comments…. You need a new battery! How old is yours? How many month battery is it? 36, 48, etc. I only buy 60 or 72 month batteries and I replace them around 48 months. I’ve learned the hard way not to wait until I’m stranded with a dead battery and I’ve learned no matter how premium the battery, about 4 years is the limit for useful life.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts