Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day to all.

I have a hyundai i10 2011 model. I have noticed that when the car idles and you are sitting in the car there is a slite jerk from the engine, as if the car has a missfire and not idling constant. The rpm on idle when the car is hot roughly between 700 to 800rpm. But it has that feel whether it is cold or hot, more pronounced when it's hot. About 3 weeks ago I noticed the inlet manifold gasket is leaking and before I replaced it if the car had to go up a hill it gave off a bad ping sound replaced it and the sound is gone. But the missfire persists. I have changed coil packs and plug lesds and spark plugs. Problem persists, but less. I've noticed when I put my hand by the exhaust tail piece the air coming out is uneven like a missfire. Can anyone help me diagnose this and come to a conclusion. Dire need of help.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
The ping noise and an intake manifold leak don't go together. When under load an air leak has minimal effect. Since you have replaced the common parts I suggest you measure the intake manifold vacuum and continue looking for an air leak. Rough idle can also be caused by a dirty injector. Have you had a scan done for possible codes? Is the tacho (if it's got one) showing a constant smooth reading without flickering with the misfire?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts