Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m having a issue with my Hyundai I10 grand 2019 1.0 litre patrol automatic I recently bought the vehicle from a auction the car starts I tried driving the car and realising the car stays only in 3rd gear so sent the car to Hyundai to get it sorted out they said I should change the gearbox so found a second hand gearbox and installed it to test if it changes gears then tried starting the car but the car won’t start it only cranks I diagnosed the car it shows no fault codes

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
That then rules out the crank sensor. Maybe check over all the electrical plugs you would have disconnected to chnge the gearbox. Also check the air intake hose. Just running some simple things to start with.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
18,411 Posts
The first thing you should check when you have a non start is that the engine and immobiliser warning lights are coming on when you switch the ignition on. The immobiliser light is a car with a key inside.

Have you checked to see if there is spark at the plugs when you crank it?
You also need to make sure that the fuel pump is running when your cranking it over. Hearing it prime when you first switch the ignition on doesn't mean it's being switched on again during crank.

Does your engine have an MPi or GDi fuel system?

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts