Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow owners. I'm looking for a bit of advice. I picked up a used 2010 i10 model last week. The automatic gears are great- going forward. It's reverse I have an issue with. Putting it into reverse and driving the car is really jerky when driving very slowly. If I travel a bit further building up a wee bit of speed the jerkyness stops. This doesn't seem right. Car still has warranty. Before I call the garage I just wanted to check that I'm not doing anything wrong, this is the first automatic I've owned.

Can anyone offer any help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
722 Posts
scotsaan, hi and welcome,

How many miles are on this car? Where abouts on the planet are you located?

I personally know very little about automatic gearboxes as I've only ever owned manual cars, but the automatics I have driven, selecting reverse shouldn't cause the vehicle to be in any way jerky when going backward.

Clearly, the car is well out of manufacturer warranty and you therefore may not wish to, but I always advise any new owner of a second hand vehicle to bite the bullet and pop the car into a proper franchise dealership for a once over service. They can usually be quite revealing! Yes can be a touch on the pricey side, but could also show up stuff that you might be able to return to the garage you bought the car from with a list to put right. Basically, if you took the car to a Hyundai dealership and they told you there was an expensive issue with the gearbox, you've got ammunition to go back to the supplying garage with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, and thank you for getting back to me.

There are 25,200 miles on the clock. Car was given an MOT and it has full service history when purchased in Edinburgh last week. The garage have given me a 6 month warranty - this is a reputable garage in Edinburgh (not a Hyundai one - I'll add), and has been there for a very long time.

I was more concerned that I was doing something wrong, but as far as I can see - selecting reverse should be all that's needed.

I'll give them a call tomorrow, and see what they say.

Thank you for your time.

Regards

·
Registered
650 Posts
Its always helpful to other members of the forum or indeed anyone looking for help to hear the outcome of any problems encountered, please get back to us with the diagnosis and any solutions that have been found.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello fellow owners. I'm looking for a bit of advice. I picked up a used 2010 i10 model last week. The automatic gears are great- going forward. It's reverse I have an issue with. Putting it into reverse and driving the car is really jerky when driving very slowly. If I travel a bit further building up a wee bit of speed the jerkyness stops. This doesn't seem right. Car still has warranty. Before I call the garage I just wanted to check that I'm not doing anything wrong, this is the first automatic I've owned.

Can anyone offer any help.

Thanks.
I would suspect sticking brake

1 - 7 of 7 Posts