Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was just published at the Hyundai Tech website.
It explains how to clean your throttle body on various Hyundai vehicles and what a dirty throttle plate might cause. Save yourself some money and do it yourself as part of your general maintenance.

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
nice thx :)

·
Registered
486 Posts
This was just published at the Hyundai Tech website.
It explains how to clean your throttle body on various Hyundai vehicles and what a dirty throttle plate might cause. Save yourself some money and do it yourself as part of your general maintenance.
Great timing! Adogg9626 just posted ["Just came back from the dealer and they are diagnosing my no-start issue as carbon buildup in the throttle body. Also they want 169 bucks to fix it.
What is the best catch can for the Sonata and anyone have experience doing a throttle body clean on the 2.4?"]
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/222-y...82-vms-catch-can-installed-2.html#post1262159
===========================
The TSB is for Clean-up but NOT the Preventer-for-Future Fix - Won't it Keep Repeating?
Is THIS what the Catch Can would definitely Prevent?

·
Registered
477 Posts
funny i had my whole intake manifold off, and at 64500 miles there is little to no sign of oil or carbon buildup

·
Registered
729 Posts
I had to do this multiple times on my wife's Mazda 3 when we had it. Freakin' annoyed me. lol

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As a past GM mechanic I am all to familiar with cleaning throttle plates. If it stalled the plate was dirty. I kept a toothbrush and some "GM Top Engine Cleaner" spay with me at all times. They made me more money than computer viruses do now.

·
Banned
1,090 Posts
funny i had my whole intake manifold off, and at 64500 miles there is little to no sign of oil or carbon buildup
Not surprised. Not buying into the gloom and doom some think happens in the intake manifold. For valves, I have always used Seafoam.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Some good info here.
I did this on every car I owned as a part of major tune up.
Makes the engine idle/run smoother almost every time I did it.
I just used shop rag saturated with Carb/Throttle boby cleaner and took my time. Never took the TB off from the manifold because I was scared of damaging gasket though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts