Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister was coming home from work when her 1994 elantra stalled and would not start. I towed it home pulled a spark plug and there was no spark(it cranks). I then removed the timing belt cover and everything was intact. If anyone can point me in the right direction on what the possible cause is it would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
It has been common place for the coil packs to fail on these engines along with the suppressor and module that is attached to it.

Do you have access to any test equipment so that we can guide you on how to test this and other associated components?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Dr. Hundi@Nov 2 2004, 03:52 AM
It has been common place for the coil packs to fail on these engines along with the suppressor and module that is attached to it.

Do you have access to any test equipment so that we can guide you on how to test this and other associated components?
[snapback]2255[/snapback]​

What type of equipment would I need I have a multimeter.
Today I changed the coil pack with no sucess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Dr. Hundi@Nov 3 2004, 11:15 PM
Do you have a fuel supply to your fuel rail?
[snapback]2310[/snapback]​

Yes there is fuel to the rail

·
Registered
422 Posts
Remove one of your injector couplers, probe bot of the connector pins with your multimeter, and then crank it.
Do you get a power pulse through your injector, this may not work that well, unless you have a multimeter that is pretty fast in measuring, a test light would be worlds better.
But try it anyway, you may find that it may work on your multimeter, it does on mine, if you have no pulse through your injectors, check your EFI fuse and relay first!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by duke@Nov 5 2004, 06:55 AM
you can use a normal test light, it's easier, the light must flicker
[snapback]2369[/snapback]​

I have a veterans day off and am going to start tesing tomorrow, please be patient and thanks for you help.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Hi!......the biggest clue here would seem to be the fact that you have no spark when cranking the engine.
I would suggest failure of the crankshaft position sensor to be a definite possibility!.

Nick.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Originally posted by VALKYRIE YB70@Nov 10 2004, 06:18 PM
Hi!......the biggest clue here would seem to be the fact that you have no spark when cranking the engine.
I would suggest failure of the crankshaft position sensor to be a definite possibility!.

Nick.
[snapback]2570[/snapback]​

No, no KPS signal = no spark & no fuel

unplug the 2-inch oblong (has 2 wires and "T" type connector) capacitor bolter to the in-manifold be the accelerator cable. See if you get spark now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts