Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2013 Accent. With my old car, the dashboard lights would not turn on until I turned my headlights on, so I never forgot to turn my headlights on. But with my Accent, I've forgotten to turn on my lights 3 times in the past year or so if I'm starting on a well-lit street b/c the dashboard lights turn on with the ignition. I always feel terrible when I realize it because I know it's dangerous and I'm certainly not doing it intentionally.

Anyone else have this issue? Any tricks you do to make sure you don't forget? All that's leaping to mind for me is duct taping a post-it note with TURN YOUR F***ING HEADLIGHTS ON in the middle of my steering wheel. :)

·
Registered
848 Posts
On my daughter's (former) 2005 Elantra, as well as on my 2017 Elantra, if you leave the lights in the "on" position, the lights will automatically turn off when you turn the vehicle off.

My suggestion is this: always ride with the headlights on, no matter what time of day. It's safer anyway--you are more visible from both the front and the rear. And if you forget to turn them off, no issue (see above), Hyundai's engineers have taken care of that.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
You could upgrade your headlights so they are brighter on the road. then instead of using the dash lights as an indicator that you forgot, you will miss the bright light that isn't glowing on the street anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts