Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day,

I recently bought a 2016 Hyundai grand i10 and when I put the headlights on the instrument cluster dimms.. Is this normal?

Some feedback would be awesome

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,762 Posts
Is this normal?
The LCD display back light should dim when you switch on the headlights, if that's what your talking about.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The LCD display back light should dim when you switch on the headlights, if that's what your talking about.

Yes that is what I am talking about.. Okay so it is normal, I thought there was an electrical problem because my boot open indicator and door open indicator both goes on together of either is open... Anyway is there a way to brighten it up again when headlights are on?

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,762 Posts
Some models have a switch for adjusting the dash illumination. It has a symbol showing a bulb with a + & -. I'm not sure if that adjusts the back lighting of the LCD display or not though.

·
Registered
370 Posts
It's quite logical really your instruments lighting needs to be brighter during the day so you can see it. If your headlights are on you are likely to be driving in the dark and will not want a blinding instrument display.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts