Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that the parts of the Getz car need replacement very soon.
Is this true?
As my car is only 3 months old and upto this time
i didn't found any problem.
I also have heard that car needs proper maintenance.please give me some maintenance tips , so that i can maintain my car properly

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think sir it depends how largely the car is used by the person.
And as far maintenance is considered...today every car needs maintenance .One thing i must tell you that car is not best for the long journeys.
By your message i came to know that you don't got any problem till date,so don't worry for the future....
keep writing your experiences.....
Bye and good luck.

Originally posted by Cornes@Jul 10 2004, 11:31 AM
I have heard that the parts of the Getz car need replacement very soon.
  Is this true?
  As my car is only 3 months old and upto this time
  i didn't found any problem.
  I also have heard that car needs proper maintenance.please give me some maintenance tips , so that i can maintain my car properly
[snapback]28[/snapback]​

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys!
i am not having tnhe car...so can't say anything.but i have heard a lot about the car.i am curious to know that whether it is a racer car or not?

Originally posted by Nelson@Jul 21 2004, 01:04 PM
I think sir it depends how largely the car is used by the person.
And as far maintenance is considered...today every car needs maintenance .One thing i must tell you that car is not best for the long journeys.
By your message i came to know that you don't got any problem till date,so don't worry for the future....
keep writing your experiences.....
Bye and good luck.
[snapback]230[/snapback]​

·
Registered
35 Posts
Originally posted by tan@Jul 22 2004, 03:17 PM
hi guys!
i am not having tnhe car...so can't say anything.but i have heard a lot about the car.i am curious to know that whether it is a racer car or not?
[snapback]239[/snapback]​

well, no offence bro...
what do u think the Getz is for a racer?
ithought if u want to race, better get a Subaru Imprezza or Mitsubishi EVO 8, of maybe Mazda RX8.

u make me lough to answer your quetions, sorry no offence ya.
it is a small segment/ compactcar. please dun think of it as a racing car. it is totally not suitable for u. if u r malaysian, and u want to really racing? go and buy wira and convert to VR4/MIVEC, then i think it is much more better for racing lah.

and i beg for defer for the not suitable for long journey cruising,
actually i done my getz about 36k for 7 months of owner shio, i do a lot of long journey crusing from Singapore to Kuala lumpur almost twice a month, each travelling cover 400-500km continuoesly, it is a pleasant driving experience for this small car.

and please, dun compare it with Jaguar S-type of Mercedes Benz or even BMW.
thanks...
just my 2 cents worht opinion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Wisely ,

Getz is a great car, make sure you change the engine oil regularly . I just brought a second 1.6Getz . Sounds & drive great . **** break loose when I start it cold after a week not used - sounds like a old bone shaker for the first 15 minutes , then quiets down .
Various mechanic advise - so change filter, both engine & gear, flush engine use tufoil additive, timming belt - all did not solve this . Now another so call expert says it's the lifters ? HLA . Engine is located such a way that the oil drain out of the HLA quickly and when left not used for a while , no oil change make matters worse - noise generated is naturally bad. Fact or not , I am also confuse - now I am looking for a reliable mechnic to fix my problem , at the same time to find a lower cost parts ( parallel imports) I reckon that openig up the engine is going to cost me > Rm1500 /!!!!!!

Wify likes this car - so cannot sell now- need to did a deeper hole in my pocket to fix it right .

Wish you would never face the same situaton like mine .

·
Registered
316 Posts
To "CORNES", every car needs to be maintained, plugs, oil, various filters etc: at certain times in the mileage, you will need ceratin parts replaced, timing belts, hand-brake cables, brake pads/shoes the list goes on, there is a point in the life of the GETZ when you need to replace certain fluids in the car, drain the brakes and replace with new fluid, drain the cooling system and replace the anti-freeze, its a ongoing thing and can be expensive.
Welcome to the world of car ownership! :beer:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Fibrokid,

Have you heard that the new BMW do not need any engine oil change ( something like >200,000km ! - just filters . Of course other maintenance stuff for a BMW cost a small fortune . Check out synlube.com , they claim that their new hi-tech oil - 100% synthetic last 50 times longer than petroleum base/synthetic oil .

I want to try it , but is not available in Malaysia - maybe you could check this out yourself .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts