Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and I've recently passed my test and bought my first car - which is a manual Hyundai 2007 GETZ. After a few weeks of using my new car, I noticed that it didn't always start first time. Then this problem became progressively worse, to the point where I was stranded because the immobiliser light wasn't coming on. After doing some research I discovered that this is a common problem with the GETZ, so I visited a mechanic to fix the problem by soldering the wires. However, I've just got the car back from the mechanic and he informed me that he carried out the 'soldering wires' fix and said the car seems to be starting fine now, but I've done some tests and the immobiliser light comes on most of the time but not every single one time. Is there any other known fixes for this problem? Could this work for my GETZ?

Many thanks for suggestions in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The immobiliser light comes on more consistently than before I think. I Just tried it this morning and it's freezing cold but the immobiliser light displayed itself every time I turned on the car, and the times when it hasn't been displayed first time round, the second time it has come on. If I have to just re-turn it once or twice I'm not too fussed I'm just more worried about if I stall and the immobiliser decides to not come on for a long time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would remove the steering cowl and make sure the mechanic removed the correct connector.
Thanks AUTOSPARK. I've removed an electronic fob that I use for work from my car keys key ring and the immobilizer has been coming on consistently ever since then, so I'm thinking that it had something to do with the problem.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,168 Posts
Ah, that might explain it.
I assume it was a LFID proximity tag? Those work a very similar frequency to the transponder chip inside the key (125khz), so it could have been interfering with the transponder signal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts