Hyundai Forums banner

Hyundai Getz dropped part of speed sensor in the transmission

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  mmmdaaa 
#1 ·
Howdy experts,
I drive a Hyundai Getz 2007 manual.
I just changed my clutch kit and put everything back together.
Later on realised that I’ve dropped a component of speed sensor into the gearbox.
Now when I crank it I hear that metal piece/pieces moving with the gears.
The clutch is fine and gears are engaging but it does get louder with the gear increment. Presuming that it’s frictioning against the biggest fear. I’ve tried reaching for it thru drive shaft hole, filler hole and speed sensor whole with a magnetic pickup tool with no luck.
I don’t wanna drop the transmission again, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
HeMan Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Carburetor
Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Carburetor

See less See more
#5 ·
nervous chuckles (I'm in danger now) .
Yeah nah jokes apart my transmission jack adapter is coming today, will try to turn the tranny upside down if it( the piece) falls with the gravity. Otherwise, praise the almighty God, the gears are gonna have a tough competition in there

#6 ·
U guys freaked me out with this post... I always try research anything i do on my getz and fully know before deciding if i am capable or not... I wasn't wrong.... I was capable i changed my clutch but the only problem was the bear buy it made so much noise n i was afraid of getting stuck from or to work.... But i undid my engine youtube videos to the maintenance book i found here in this forum... I usually service my own car as i dont ever think ul be ever interested in selling it, the other major job i did that would've costed me alot of bux was timing belt which i gta change tor the second time next month too but the first time, i knew nothing and this forum helped me alot... So i finished and replaced my clutch but didnt change the flywheel put it back... N reinstalled everything and when i was done i needed to refill the oil... So my biggest mistake was reading somewhere, not here but think youtube that you can easily refill the oil by the speedometer gear.... So i did... My hands were full of oil with the transmission installed i couldn't see much n well... The speedometer gear fell right inside the transmission.... It took everything to get thru the shock.... I read this post n i cried... Im nt a speedster i could leave that **** speedometer out if i want to i drive slower than anybody i know... Why didn't i read this post before i decided to refill why!!!!...... After my tears and shock n after i got someone to come fetch my transmission to open it n take the gear out... I told him im broke and he said for him to charge me less i must remove and install the transmission myself again then he can charge me just to open the thing up... I agreed took down the transmission again but once on the floor... Its really light... I can actually pick this transmission up myself... So i did and started shaking it... Then i could hear the gear... It wasn't far from the hole.... I turned it around and around used my fingers but u can only put 1 finger in... But i felt it... It was right there... But i had no retriever tried anything i could find until i tried my toenail tool... Which is basically a metal stick n i stuck it on the gear pole n it just pulled out... Then the mechanic arrived 10 seconds later to see me dancing infront of my house i just gave him money for his gas and told him il call him on the next one!!!!! Im so happy so freaken happy i thought i was dead... Public transport is South Africa is not for me... But i swear this forum is the s**t!!!! I think the next car i buy will also be a Hyundai just cause of the knowledge and support you see in this forum...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.