Hyundai Forums banner

Hyundai Getz Clutch Issue

12K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  charlescrown 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I’m recently new to this forum as I’ve had my Getz for close to a year now a 1.1 GSI 2004.

I was driving along the other day pulling off a dual carriageway and when I got to the top it went into gear fine and when I lifted the clutch pedal it didn’t move tried again and still nothing.

long story short I got help pushing it home as it wasn’t far and got a mobile mechanic to fit a new clutch and a used gearbox which operated fine for around 6 hours of driving and then tonight I heard a snap noise and the same issue is back.

It goes into gear fine but when you lift the clutch pedal this time you hear almost a scrunching noise or scraping and it doesn’t move again.

I thought the issue was fixed but I’m back to the start again.

it was fitted by a Mobile mechanic anyone able to shed some light on this issue?

kindest regards and thanks

See less See more
#5 ·
Perhaps the master cylinder is not relieving the fluid pressure when you take your foot off the pedal either by faulty cylinder or bad adjustment. This would cause a buildup of hydraulic pressure and could over stroke the clutch mechanism causing the pressure plate fingers to rub against the clutch plate. I have seen this happen before. Easily checked by opening the slave cylinder bleed nipple and seeing if it retracts.

#7 ·
I have seen it happen before. Too much enthusiasm when taking off. Not saying thats the case with a sensible driver. Try what I suggested. Open the bleed nipple and see if there's pressure in there. If you get a squirt out the master cylinder may well be the cause of your problems. It makes no difference if it's inside or outside the bleed nipple is accessible for both designs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.