Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening
I need help please. I have a 2004 Getz 1.5 Diesel 3DEA, My problem the engine over heated and I replaced the engine with a import engine. The engine was installed by a mechanic in town and at first the car semmed fine so I gave the car to my daugher as a present now in the past few weeks the car started giving us problems. Starts fine but after driving a few km's it just cuts out and then it just does not want to start again. I hade diagnostics done and it doesnt pick up any faults. Some times I have to remove the batery terminal to rset then it sometimes starts other times I open the fuel line that comes from the pump on the side of the engine and then crank the starter to allow fuel to spay out. then it will start. This all was done from advise from mechanics in town. Still cant solve the problem even checked the key coding no fault found.
One guy at the dealer told me that is because I installed an impprt engine the ecm is not communicating with the engine
Please help I need to get the car running before my daughter starts working the 13th

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Starts fine but after driving a few km's it just cuts out and then it just does not want to start again.
Sounds you might have a faulty crank position sensor. Having a garage diagnose an intermittent fault like this can be very time consuming, and therefore expensive. So it might be worth just replacing the relatively cheap sensor to see if that cures the problem.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
"One guy at the dealer told me that is because I installed an impprt engine the ecm is not communicating with the engine" If this were the case I doubt it would run. Didn't they fit up all the sensors from your old engine just in case there was a difference. And "at first the car semmed fine " tells me that all was OK no ECM light and that something else has gone wrong since. Did they use a OE part or eBay part which are notorious for being bad products.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts