Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have a Hyundai Genesis 2.0T. It has an automatic transmission fluid, and a leak. I should have fixed the leak asap. The gears are slipping now, really bad, but I can still shift them manually. A rebuilt transmission is $4,000!

I want to attempt to put more transmission fluid it and see if it shifts correctly before spending the 4k plus for a rebuilt one to be installed. Any idea where to find a manual pump (or machine version) to add fluid? From watching a video, the guy used a machine but he mentioned a manual pump exists but I can't find it.
Any other advice/feedback is appreciated.

Thank you,
Jay

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
What year and trans. Some early ones had a 5 sp. There are small hand pumps that fit on quart bottles. But can you use a long hose and a small funnel to fill? That is how I do my manual trans and diff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 2013 Genesis coupe 2.0t with the automatic transmission. I don't know other specifics but I can attempt to check.

Thank you,

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
It's probably the 6 spd. Should be a drain bolt and fill plug. Let me know for sure what you have and I can get some service pics.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
If the fluid smells burnt it'll need rebuilding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts