Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received this email regarding the long running Mileage lawsuit...

Thank you for submitting your claim for the Hyundai Fuel Economy Class Action Settlement. The Court has now resolved all appeals, and we are preparing to mail out settlement payments...

...If the address information is correct, you do not need to contact us, and we will send your payment to the address above in four (4) to six (6) weeks.

Very truly yours,

Hyundai Fuel Economy Class Action Center

·
Registered
3,217 Posts

Thank you for submitting your claim for the Hyundai Fuel Economy Class Action Settlement. The Court has now resolved all appeals, and we are preparing to mail out settlement payments...

...If the address information is correct, you do not need to contact us, and we will send your payment to the address above in four (4) to six (6) weeks.

Very truly yours,

Not sure if that will pass legal muster - my understanding is that owners had and would continue to have the option to collect periodic reimbursement for as long as they own the vehicle. I would tell Hyundai that you intend to file a complaint with your state ag office and that you expect them to reimburse you on an annual basis - I need to get my odo read for 2019 so will see what occurs. I tend to think Hyundai will try to pull almost anything and not a trustworthy car company - not that others are but I happen to own a car where the mpg ratings were falsely stated and it has a poorly designed engine which is unreliable.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I got tired of waiting for the settlement checks and opted out about 4 months ago. I had accumulated about 45000 miles or so from my last check from way back when.
I received $434.00 and as I recall a check for the one and only final payment for the lawsuit would have been around $650-700 total.

I do agree that Hyundai is not the most trustworthy car company out there......but, not many competitors are much if any better.

I have 62000 miles on my ‘13 SF Sport 2.4 FWD and plan on keeping it at least another year and mileage check.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
I got tired of waiting for the settlement checks and opted out about 4 months ago. I had accumulated about 45000 miles or so from my last check from way back when.
I received $434.00 and as I recall a check for the one and only final payment for the lawsuit would have been around $650-700 total.

I do agree that Hyundai is not the most trustworthy car company out there......but, not many competitors are much if any better.

I have 62000 miles on my ‘13 SF Sport 2.4 FWD and plan on keeping it at least another year and mileage check.
Well going back 10 yrs or more I think it's difficult to dispute that they have made continuous progress in the overall quality design and functionality of their products and offer pricing below nearly every competitor, but for most of their models fuel economy lagged the competition, was the case with the 2013 Sante Fe but I made my decision when the 2.0T AWD was rated at 21/27 - the real no should have been 18/24. When the ruse was exposed Hyundai claimed they the test procedure was "too difficult" to understand, later on under pressure of more severe penalties they admitted to knowingly omitting a key test. So my conclusion is that the falsifying of mpg nos was part of Hyundai's master plan to up their mpg nos - the more effortless way to do that of course was to deceive, but it seems clear they knew that was risky and at the same enacted some design changes to the engines - most notable the Theta II , changes like narrowing oil passages and reducing oil pump capacity and some claim reducing crank bearing surface volume. The rest of course is history and produced the great Theta II engine debacle.
So for me I've seen enough - although I have had absolutely no issues with our 2013 SFS (it's the wife's daily driver, thankfully) and currently plan to keep it for a good while ( trade in value is abysmal) and I say this despite the stellar 953 "product improvement campaign" ( another Hyundai subterfuge) . No mas.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Well going back 10 yrs or more I think it's difficult to dispute that they have made continuous progress in the overall quality design and functionality of their products and offer pricing below nearly every competitor, but for most of their models fuel economy lagged the competition, was the case with the 2013 Sante Fe but I made my decision when the 2.0T AWD was rated at 21/27 - the real no should have been 18/24. When the ruse was exposed Hyundai claimed they the test procedure was "too difficult" to understand, later on under pressure of more severe penalties they admitted to knowingly omitting a key test. So my conclusion is that the falsifying of mpg nos was part of Hyundai's master plan to up their mpg nos - the more effortless way to do that of course was to deceive, but it seems clear they knew that was risky and at the same enacted some design changes to the engines - most notable the Theta II , changes like narrowing oil passages and reducing oil pump capacity and some claim reducing crank bearing surface volume. The rest of course is history and produced the great Theta II engine debacle.
So for me I've seen enough - although I have had absolutely no issues with our 2013 SFS (it's the wife's daily driver, thankfully) and currently plan to keep it for a good while ( trade in value is abysmal) and I say this despite the stellar 953 "product improvement campaign" ( another Hyundai subterfuge) . No mas.
Also was watching some of Monday night football - Genesis is the key sponsor - by most all accounts Genesis has produced a really good car - but I think they need to fire their marketing company and do it quickly - the continued use of non color ads I think is working against them and to me makes the cars appear less appealing.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Here's another thread on the same topic, maybe they can get merged to avoid confusion.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Received this tonight...

Thank you for submitting your claim for the Hyundai Fuel Economy Class Action Settlement. You should receive your requested settlement payment in the mail within the next 7 to 10 business days.
We at Hyundai will continue to work hard to be deserving of your trust and appreciate the opportunity to make this right for you.

Sincerely,
Hyundai Motor America

·
Registered
1 Posts

Very truly yours,

I have changed my address since then, does anyone know how I can inform them to send the check to my new address?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts