Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Hyundai vehicles are now recognized as being amongst the highest quality in the industry.
This is driven by listening to our customers.

Hyundai engineers would like to obtain feedback from you regarding your Hyundai Tucson.

Below, you'll find a link to a quick survey that should take no longer than ten minutes to complete."

I got this email from Hyundai today. I took about 30 mins to fill it out. I addressed the paint quality, the factory stereo and... wait for it.... the transmission.

I hope everyone that has been active here gets this email and takes the time to fill it out. This is how recalls get initiated.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
"Hyundai vehicles are now recognized as being amongst the highest quality in the industry.
This is driven by listening to our customers.

Hyundai engineers would like to obtain feedback from you regarding your Hyundai Tucson.

Below, you'll find a link to a quick survey that should take no longer than ten minutes to complete."

I got this email from Hyundai today. I took about 30 mins to fill it out. I addressed the paint quality, the factory stereo and... wait for it.... the transmission.

I hope everyone that has been active here gets this email and takes the time to fill it out. This is how recalls get initiated.
I think this is very smart marketing and if they listen to the survey responses, the next generation Tucson will be even more improved. It may also lead to exactly what you mentioned, not so much in the way of a recall, but perhaps a TSB.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I got that same "survey" email thingie.. filled it out and actually referenced the Horrible DCT thread here :) hopefully someone there gets to read it..

·
Registered
44 Posts
I haven't seen anything yet, but I'll look for it. I won't be complaining about the transmission though -I love it ! No problems with mine ..I haven't had this much fun driving in many years. The feeling in the pedal is intoxicating.....

·
Registered
256 Posts
I haven't seen anything yet, but I'll look for it. I won't be complaining about the transmission though -I love it ! No problems with mine ..I haven't had this much fun driving in many years. The feeling in the pedal is intoxicating.....
I agree, it's hella fun to drive!

I haven't experienced any problems either (knock on wood I never do)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
give them a link to our forum if you can......

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree, it's hella fun to drive!

I haven't experienced any problems either (knock on wood I never do)

I'm pleased with mine and pray nothing changes in that regard. It seems so hit or miss which makes me question the claim that it's a programming issue. If it was that simple why do some have issues and some don't, both before and after the update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, my Tucson is actually pretty solid (except for the crappy paint and horrible factory stereo that I spent 700 bucks upgrading). At any rate, now I am approaching 9500 miles and I've noticed some lunging of the tranny while keeping with the flow of traffic between the 45-60 MPH range. Also starts from a dead stop have gotten somewhat... jerky. Like, the wheels spin and then it feels like it's gonna stall. I've only started to notice this in the past few weeks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah, my Tucson is actually pretty solid (except for the crappy paint and horrible factory stereo that I spent 700 bucks upgrading). At any rate, now I am approaching 9500 miles and I've noticed some lunging of the tranny while keeping with the flow of traffic between the 45-60 MPH range. Also starts from a dead stop have gotten somewhat... jerky. Like, the wheels spin and then it feels like it's gonna stall. I've only started to notice this in the past few weeks.
Same problems Im having. It also jerks when going up and down hills.

·
Registered
243 Posts
So I finally got the survey today and filled it out.
Mentioned the following things about my Ultimate limited...
1-disappointed that I had a check engine light turn on before even leaving the dealership lot resulting in having the camshaft position sensor assembly part replaced within 3 days of owning it.
2-lack of cd player in the top trim when the lower trims have it.
3-lack of center armrest console upper tray.
4-Door handle welcome lights not working (or installed).
5-Previous models had hood stand, while this version does not.
6-While I have not experience any DCT issues (knock on my head), I still mentioned it and included the thread link to them.
7-A few notes of accessories/features not available at dealerships in the US version such as longer hood deflector, etc.

On the flip side, I praised the handling, sunroof, ride, styling, etc.

TS

·
Registered
603 Posts
I haven't received this one - just the JD Powers initial quality one. There also was another third party one awhile back that was incredibly comprehensive - I completed it as well but don't remember the company name.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I received mine a about two weeks ago and filled it out and returned it. I have no idea if anything will come of it. Thus far only two times with the no go after a stop, and 3,165 miles on the odometer.

I did finally see a second Caribbean Blue when both that car and mine where at the valet parking area of a local hospital. That has nothing to do with this thread, but at least I now know there are two Hyundai Tucson automobiles in the metro area.

·
22,793 Posts
RE: Quality. I actually drove to Montgomery, AL. Toured that expansive facility. One of the highest quality automotive plants in the world. While waiting for the tour to begin, I enjoyed looking at the product offerings on their showroom floor. The JD Power Award Trophies, and the merchandizing store. Having worked as a reliability engineer in a major HVAC manufacturing plant, I was floored at the quality measures in place inside those four walls. Words cannot begin to express the value-added I saw at every tour turn. From JIT, KanBan, to Touch For Quality, they had it all.

While it takes 18 hours for a vehicle to begin until it rooks out of the factory, a vehicle rolls out ever 88 seconds. Mind-boggling. And every worker waves a you go by. True Southern hospitality. You leave feeling like you just made 5,000 new best friends. It’s highly suggested you take the trip if you can fit it into your lifestyle.

Reactions: Fastback
1 - 14 of 14 Posts