Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T started losing power. With the help of the internet I diagnosed it correctly as the wastegate actuator. It was not hard to replace myself and fixed the problems immediately.

The symptoms are very poor power/performance on startup. Often shutting off and restarting will restore performance to approximately normal for a while. Poor fuel efficiency. High RPMs prior to reaching shiftpoints (not a transmission problem, the engine just doesn't have enough power).

I created a PDF with lots of pictures of step by step instructions for this replacement. If you are an excellent mechanic, you probably don't need it. If you'd like to have it for insurance, I charge a very nominal fee toward my kids college funds.

If you found this while searching for your symptoms I will send this PDF to you by email (1.5M) for $5 sent to my paypal address on the card in my signature. Add a note with your email address and I'll get it out right away. Do not PM me here as I don't check in often. You can also text me. I assume you will need it quickly and am online most of the time (unless I'm in the wilderness with no cell phone service, but that doesn't happen often).

This document is specific to the 2013+ Santa Fe Turbo but other models should be very similar.

Jerry

Attachments

·
Registered
873 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Every forum has sections for vendors, items for sale, etc. with rules that apply there. Nothing unique about that. It's just a matter of posting in the correct area.

This forum especially needs members with your qualifications from a rare and unusual perspective. We all hope you continue to contribute. :wink:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Every forum has sections for vendors, items for sale, etc. with rules that apply there. Nothing unique about that. It's just a matter of posting in the correct area.

This forum especially needs members with your qualifications from a rare and unusual perspective. We all hope you continue to contribute. :wink:
+1, I guess he has his own rules to play by. Too bad. It looked like there could be another guy who might have had some good info to share, just like "IM". On the other hand maybe he is hitting all auto forums just to make a quick buck. :frown:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
+1, I guess he has his own rules to play by. Too bad. It looked like there could be another guy who might have had some good info to share, just like "IM". On the other hand maybe he is hitting all auto forums just to make a quick buck. :frown:
Yep. Looking to get rich here.

I put 2 hours into making this while doing my kids laundry (single dad). Thought I might see if there was a market for these type of instructions. The regulars here don't need them. Enthusiasts don't need the instructions, they can do it themselves. But if you search for these symptoms, you'll find lots of people who spent hundreds of $$$ they didn't need to fixing the wrong thing or going to a dealership who misdiagnosed the problem or Easter egged the fix.

If I could have found a 7 page write up with pictures, diagnosis, part number and instructions, I would have bought it just to save time on research. So I'm trying to help and exploring if there is a market to make a (very) few $$ here. I thought I'd post it for free if it doesn't sell. But at this point, I think I'll walk away before others insult me.

Here's a question. Can someone point me to an existing thread with the proper part number for the electronic waste gate? Part number makes it much easier to buy online.

--Jerry

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yep. Looking to get rich here.

I put 2 hours into making this while doing my kids laundry (single dad). Thought I might see if there was a market for these type of instructions. The regulars here don't need them. Enthusiasts don't need the instructions, they can do it themselves. But if you search for these symptoms, you'll find lots of people who spent hundreds of $$$ they didn't need to fixing the wrong thing or going to a dealership who misdiagnosed the problem or Easter egged the fix.

If I could have found a 7 page write up with pictures, diagnosis, part number and instructions, I would have bought it just to save time on research. So I'm trying to help and exploring if there is a market to make a (very) few $$ here. I thought I'd post it for free if it doesn't sell. But at this point, I think I'll walk away before others insult me.

Here's a question. Can someone point me to an existing thread with the proper part number for the electronic waste gate? Part number makes it much easier to buy online.

--Jerry
Jerry don't take offense, this is just how forums work in general. Like I said "your intentions are in the right place", just you aren't going about it the right way.

It's not a forum thread, it's a google result.

2013 hyundai santa fe wastegate actuator

4th link in the result at top (Irwin Hyundai).

Part Number: 394002G700

Hyundai Santa Fe (2011-2015). #394002G700: SOLENOID. Turbocharger Wastegate. Turbocharger Wastegate Actuator

Looks like it's both for the Sonata and the Santa Fe (Turbo models of course)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Recently my 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T started losing power. With the help of the internet I diagnosed it correctly as the wastegate actuator. It was not hard to replace myself and fixed the problems immediately.

The symptoms are very poor power/performance on startup. Often shutting off and restarting will restore performance to approximately normal for a while. Poor fuel efficiency. High RPMs prior to reaching shiftpoints (not a transmission problem, the engine just doesn't have enough power).

I created a PDF with lots of pictures of step by step instructions for this replacement. If you are an excellent mechanic, you probably don't need it. If you'd like to have it for insurance, I charge a very nominal fee toward my kids college funds.

If you found this while searching for your symptoms I will send this PDF to you by email (1.5M) for $5 sent to my paypal address on the card in my signature. Add a note with your email address and I'll get it out right away. Do not PM me here as I don't check in often. You can also text me. I assume you will need it quickly and am online most of the time (unless I'm in the wilderness with no cell phone service, but that doesn't happen often).

This document is specific to the 2013+ Santa Fe Turbo but other models should be very similar.

Jerry
Can I purchase the PDF instructions?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Are you serious... this guy should be banned... charging for a instructions on an issue...

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts

Jerry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Jerry,
I'm having these issues with my Sante Fe - can I have your PDF on how to fix this? I'll gladly pay you $5 or more!
She's an old bird, but I still enjoy her.

Is it [email protected]? for paypal?

thanks,
Scotty

·
Registered
227 Posts
OK, you can't charge, so we've POLITELY told him, let's leave it at that. And Ban him? Five dollars for explicit instructions is hardly worth his time and for sure considering what a dealership would charge it would make him my new best friend. Ban him? I'm just shaking my head.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts