Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, when I press the open key button I hear the sound of opening the door but I can't still get in the car, door is still closed. What could be the problem ?

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
This happened to me as well. The actuator within the door has broken/stripped. It should be replaced under warranty, should you still be within the bumper-to-bumper time/mileage allowance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, maybe the Hyundai Elantra keys are dead or the battery in the car is dead. Generally speaking, there are two kinds of keys with induction function: Hidden mechanical keys. If you have a conventional folding key, you can open the door by simply opening the mechanical key in case of power failure. If the key is hidden, we need to find the mechanical key. Generally speaking, the mechanical spare key is hidden in the master key, which cannot be seen at ordinary times. If it is needed to be used, pull it out and open the door as a regular mechanical key. But the mechanical key usually opens only one door in the driver's seat, while the other doors need to be entered into the car to be opened manually.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Assume the other three doors were opened so you can get in or out. Power door locks were a problem ever since they were installed and these automatic ones wear themselves out.

Use to be zero wires going to the doors, now a ton of them power door locks, windows, mirrors. speakers and in freezing weather want to open and close those doors very gently or some of those maze of wires between the vehicle and these door will break and very difficult to repair. Sure don't want to slam your doors.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hello, when I press the open key button I hear the sound of opening the door but I can't still get in the car, door is still closed. What could be the problem ?
As Nick said, the first thing to check is if the other doors open after you press the open key button. If they do then there's a problem with the locking mechanism in that one door.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
In that instrument setup window controlled by steering wheel controls under doors, can dictate how you want to open your doors, ha, what you can't do is to prevent your doors from auto locking.

Just saying your doors are also computer controlled, so that also can be a problem.

All my kids are gone, just a wife left. preferred just a two door car, that is less two power windows, locks, weather stripping and broken windows to worry about. But she wanted a four door. In the last four years, can only think of three times we had somebody in the back seat.

When I take my grandkids someplace, use my son's minivan, lot easier than hooking up child's car seats. Ha, if you don't have it, don't have problems with it.

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Elantra SE
280 Posts
The actuator died on a 2 year old car? I replaced the actuator on the drivers door of my 2011 Kia Forte Koup last month. I bought this car new it has 140k miles. Pretty sad that mine would last that long and the newer ones die at a few years old.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts