Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

Wondering where can I get a good 4+2+1 header for my Hyundai Elantra 2001.
What about the 02 sensor? and the cat convertor?

Any shop recommended? What about the price range? Please help.

Thanks
charles

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Changed mine to a 4+1 extractor without the cat convertor. Now the check engine light (CEL) always on. It's complaining about the cat error.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car is currently throwing the following code after I changed my extrator. It's a pain to have the CEL always on.

P0422 Main Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
P0139 O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
P0140 O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
:00000732: limch!

When you change the flow volume of the exhaust or block out the O2 sensors, you absolutely will have Check Engine Lights!

1. For a 4-2-1 headers see: http://www.sharkracing.com/acecart/bin/sho...&cate=010403000

2. what about the O2 sensor? Your headers absolutely need the O2 sensor bung holes in the correct places to provide proper digital signal input to your engine computer
3. what about catalytic converter? A properly designed header with with O2 holes in the correct places will still work correctly with your catalytic converter.
4. You changed to a 4+1 without cat converter. This was a bad choice, as you need the O2 sensors to provide the proper digital signal back to the engine computer.
5. Please install a proper header with the O2 bung holes to fix your problem. You may need your Elantra engine computer re-programmed to accomodate the higher exhaust velocity and volume.

byron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts