Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Yesterday, like usual i wanted to use my hyundai to go to the grocery store but when i turn the engine on, i felt like a small shaking in the car i turned it off and on again and i saw the check engine light on(it is not flashing just on) and still feel a bit shaking, i decided to head to the dealership instead while on the way when my car is on drive and stopped on red light i see the RPM not steady and going up and down and car still bit shaking, and take time to accelerate when i use the fuel paddle, i left it at the dealership! It will take bit time to check it As busy schedule, what do you think is it serious issue by the way my elantra is at 13700 KM and i bought it last year 2019 in june.

thanks for helping and any ideas or experience?

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
Sounds like possibly purge valve or other device acting up. It'll be fixed for free and you should have a loaner.

Reactions: Jacob89

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved just get my car back and fixed it turns out that a squirel/animal bite spark plugs cable caused this, i park outside near a tree and this never happened before since a year I am moving next month To a different Apartement interior parking

any idea how to keep The stupid animal squirells away??????

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,554 Posts
Some people use powdered Cayenne Pepper.
Sprinkle it around the engine bay and where ever else you think they may access the vehicle.
It is suppose to annoy them so much that they go away.
Don't know if this work. I haven't had the need.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some people use powdered Cayenne Pepper.
Sprinkle it around the engine bay and where ever else you think they may access the vehicle.
It is suppose to annoy them so much that they go away.
Don't know if this work. I haven't had the need.
Thanks for replying i will go tomorrow to buy a rodent repellent spray, and moth balls or as you suggested pepper spray i read that they help, i just need them this month and hopefully it will be okay and help me avoid paying again to fix wire issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts