Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone !
I’m in serious need of some advice ! So my check engine light came on I scanned the code and I received P0741 which is Torque Coverter Cluth Solenoid stuck off. So I automatically ASSUMED that I had to replace the solenoid I drained all transmission fluid, opened up the valve body replaced the torque converter clutch solenoid, which I believe is the last solenoid on the bottom number 8. I refilled the transmission with ATF and the car starts up, goes into gear, but still will not drive !! I’m stuck and don’t know what it is. Hopefully the Hyundai community can give me some advice! Anything is appreciated. Pricing to fix, any other possibilities, fluid pressure ? Hopefully someone has experienced this exact problem and was able to fix it . EAFB684E-E11E-448D-896E-6BC65AB4DB06.png

Attachments

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
I refilled the transmission with ATF and the car starts up, goes into gear, but still will not drive !!
When your cel came on the vehicle could no longer move? If your trans does not engage it has nothing to do with the TC solenoid.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When CEL came on it gave the P0741 code. Than died the next day. So I’ve been focused on the solenoid. What will cause the trans to not engage ? Thanks for help !

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Several things. Was the vehicle driveable before your work?
Can you do a pressure test?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I seen about pressure test just not sure how or which tool I need. Car was driveable when I did the CEL reading. But not when I started doing the work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I scanned the check engine light, I drove the car to autozone to scan it. The following day the car did not want to move anymore. That’s when I started to do my own work on the car and replaced the TCC solenoid. Also when I put ATF back into transmission I did not pump the fluid in, I just refilled from entrance on top of the valve body. Not sure if that makes any difference. Thank you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can buy a pressure gauge. What would I have to do after I get pressure gauge ? And how much should the pressure be ? Also when I tested the TCC solenoid the resistance was at 10 not sure if that’s accurate.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
I suggest you take it to a shop. I will not be able to walk you through it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts