Hyundai Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Have you contacted your state's Attorney General, department of Consumer Affairs? They may be able to push Hyundai to get their records straight and honor the warranty. Contacting the local Better Business Bureau may work, or not, as they have no authority over Hyundai, but the state attorney general does.
I did put some extra pressure on Hyundai USA. They are investigating further and contact me tomorrow. If it doesn't work I will contact the Attorney General office.
Thank you,

·
Registered
2022 Tucson
507 Posts
Since you now have documentation they will not cover it and this isn't an arbitration situation you should immeditely file in small claims court.
Then if you win and they still drag their feet the AG will have more teeth to really go after them.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Seems like you may need arbitration or lawyer. You should check if Hyundai has an appeal process. Are you going to wait until this is resolved to fix the issue?
I did put some extra pressure on Hyundai USA. They are investigating further and contact me tomorrow. If it doesn't work I will contact the Attorney General office.
Thank you,
I was going to suggest what you're doing. Hyundai should have an appeal process of some sort - arbitration. Minimally, they need to present clear information on how this part isn't under the 10/100K warranty.

Are you going to wait on all this to get the vehicle fixed? Perhaps you should have them fix it and if they still make you pay for it then you can recover it back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Update: We spoke face to face with the general manager at the dealership and they offered to pay 60% of the bill. I did take the offer but I was not pleased. I went on the internet and found the email addresses for CEO of Hyundai USA and the president and vice president of consumer affairs and wrote them an email asking them to honor the warranty or to give me a reasonable explanation for denying it. Few hours later I got a phone call to inform me that they are investigating. Couple of days after the dealership called me and informed me that the car is ready an at no cost to me.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Nice job, glad it worked out for you. It's a shame that you had to jump through hoops just to have them cover something that is written in plain English with no grey area in the language at all. I hate dealerships with a passion, and don't trust them at all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Nice job, glad it worked out for you. It's a shame that you had to jump through hoops just to have them cover something that is written in plain English with no grey area in the language at all. I hate dealerships with a passion, and don't trust them at all.
I share your feelings. The dealership should have been the one to jump through hoops to correct the mistake for their customer. Mistakes happen, there is no going around that, but it matters how they are resolved. In this instance I was left alone to address a mistake with their system.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I share your feelings. The dealership should have been the one to jump through hoops to correct the mistake for their customer. Mistakes happen, there is no going around that, but it matters how they are resolved. In this instance I was left alone to address a mistake with their system.
Good job being persistent and following through to achieve the just result. Sucks it takes that much work just to have a dealership/manufacturer honor what they've printed and documented.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Update: We spoke face to face with the general manager at the dealership and they offered to pay 60% of the bill. I did take the offer but I was not pleased. I went on the internet and found the email addresses for CEO of Hyundai USA and the president and vice president of consumer affairs and wrote them an email asking them to honor the warranty or to give me a reasonable explanation for denying it. Few hours later I got a phone call to inform me that they are investigating. Couple of days after the dealership called me and informed me that the car is ready an at no cost to me.
Thank you for this great information RTICO. If it's no inconvenience, may I ask you for the email address of this CEO? I think everyone would want to know in this forum. Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 Sonata Hybrid Ltd Ultimate (43k mi) | 2013 Elantra GLS (76k mi) | 2012 Elantra Limited (75k mi)
361 Posts
Thanks RTICO. HYundai called and said they found the probs after a diagnostic. I was about to email CEO when I received the call. Thanks for the reply.
Please share with those following this thread what probs their diagnostics showed. Get the exact tests and results from the service mgr and find out what part(s) they plan on replacing. This may be very valuable info for the group to know....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Please share with those following this thread what probs their diagnostics showed. Get the exact tests and results from the service mgr and find out what part(s) they plan on replacing. This may be very valuable info for the group to know....
Well, my contract covered what needed to be fix - we pay the deductible which is $100. What isn't in the contract was the fan belt which they said we had to pay out of pocket of $449 for the part/labor. They are correct as far as the fan belt is concerned because the fan belt would squeak every now and then, so the diagnostic they did was correct (we never mentioned the squeak to them). They said that they have that part there. After we take the car outta' there we are going to take it to a mechanic friend instead for the cost of $125 for labor once they're done fixing our car at hyundai. He has the fan belt (free). Anyway, hyundai called this morning and told us the car is done (except for the fan) and to pick it up after we pay them for the diagnostic test $190 and the deductible of $100. Was it a fair deal? kinda sorta maybe idunno lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
It has been a month since we towed (July 29th, 2022) our 2013 sonata hybrid to Tony Hyundai to fix. They did find the problem about 2 weeks later and told us then that they are waiting for the parts. Our contract covered for the service, reimbursement of $200 for the tow and a weeks use of a rental from Turo. Our time is up for the rental (Aug 1st, 2022). I call and texted them again this morning (Aug 2nd, 2022), and now I'm waiting for a response.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, my contract covered what needed to be fix - we pay the deductible which is $100. What isn't in the contract was the fan belt which they said we had to pay out of pocket of $449 for the part/labor. They are correct as far as the fan belt is concerned because the fan belt would squeak every now and then, so the diagnostic they did was correct (we never mentioned the squeak to them). They said that they have that part there. After we take the car outta' there we are going to take it to a mechanic friend instead for the cost of $125 for labor once they're done fixing our car at hyundai. He has the fan belt (free). Anyway, hyundai called this morning and told us the car is done (except for the fan) and to pick it up after we pay them for the diagnostic test $190 and the deductible of $100. Was it a fair deal? kinda sorta maybe idunno lol
THE CAR WASN'T FIXED WHEN WE GOT THERE. AND THEY DID NOT DO A DIANOSTIC!!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I have a 2011 hybrid, and there’s no fan belt. Fans are electric on these vehicles. I think they are playing games with you.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts