Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Hyundai tucson and I can jump it off and it will start my battery and brake light comes on and stay on then once I unhook the jumping cables it wi run for about 4 or 5 mins cut off and not start back up

·
Registered
12,653 Posts
I have a 2006 Hyundai tucson and I can jump it off and it will start my battery and brake light comes on and stay on then once I unhook the jumping cables it wi run for about 4 or 5 mins cut off and not start back up
The problem isn't your battery. The battery and brake lights staying on are telling you there is a fault with the charging system.

Your battery is flat and you get the engine started by jumping it. Normally the engine's charging system (alternator) would supply power to the engine when the jump leads are removed. But your charging system isn't working for some reason which is why those warning lights are on, and why the engine dies shortly after the jump leads are removed. You need to have the charging system tested. You might have a faulty alternator, or maybe it's as simple as the alternator drive belt has snapped. That's something you could check yourself just by looking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts