Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was planing to buy this one and need some info from people that own this car or have owned it before...
I was wondering if the car has any issues or problems and if its worth getting it and of course the fuel consumption (internet said about 7.2 combined 6.2 on the outer city and 11.2 in city)
So I was wondering if anyone could tell me a bit of his own experience of this car please :)

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
Before KK gets here and strngly suggests it, tell us where you are! It halps.

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
Oh...that's a Tiburon in the US. Go for it!!!

I would if I could find a decent one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for posting in wrong section am a newbie (figures)
Im from middle europe didnt buy the car yet but am thinking about it soo I need a bit of advice if its worth it or not and peoples experience with it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Annd have quite issues with my father because of that cause he says the car uses more than 10l/100
And he newer actually owned a hyundai he completly relies on what his friends say
So I wanted to ask the experts :)
Oh and you can get a decent one for about 2 grands by us

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
I like those cars, but have no experience with one. It's more of a sports car so don't expect great fuel economy, but it still shouldn't be bad. Do you already have one in mind or are you just poking around now?

If I found a decent one with lower miles and not all "riced" out I wouldn't hesitate. People who have them really like them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not expecting low economy and I think it looks sporty... it has only 105hp so I guess if it had a usage of about 7.5 to 8l it would be more than great...
My previous car (citroen xantia 1.8 16v 116hp) had a fule usage of 6.5l soo I was guesing and hoping that the coupe (tiboron) would have the same or atleast a bit more I wouldn't mind...
Personally im not a ricer (well would love to prove it somehow) and the only changes id do to the car are rims r16 would do fine and a sport exhaust so its a bit louder...
I enjoy in driving normal and not overdoing it...
And yes it is quite possible ill take one chances are 50/50 depends if another car apears online till im buying it

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
Wow. I would think 1.6L would be severely underpowered for this car! That's similar to the engine in my Accent. Is it turbocharged?

Have you driven it yet? I would make sure I could live with that before buying it.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,351 Posts
The GK Coupe are pretty bad for water ingress into the dashboard fusebox/BCM. That often causes non start issues because part of the immobilizer is inside the fusebox. I've had to replace quite a few fuseboxes over the years and they're quite expensive. One owner decided to scrap their 2006 coupe rather than replace the fusebox. Luckily I managed to get it starting by fitting a SMARTRA unit (immobilizer box) from an LC Accent and modifying the wiring to suit. Because it's a BCM, it can also cause problems with lights, wipers, rear demister, etc too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No it isnt turbo charged (if it was id probaly land in jail pretty fast never had a gas car on turbo yet)

And this is a year 2003 I dont know if these are the same ones? Maybe for European market it was made a bit diffrent..
And I was looking at year 2002 too since theey are the same...
And parts arent that badly expensive

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Forgot to mention one part tho
I can live with a small car its not like I have family (for gods sake im only 21 xD)
Im looking for something I could enjoy and is easy aand cheap to maintain looks goood and is above year 2001 and 2002
And this one quite caught my atention

But before I buy it I will of course take a drive with it and see how it is I do thaat always to check if everything is ok with the car

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
Forgot to mention one part tho
I can live with a small car its not like I have family (for gods sake im only 21 xD)
Im looking for something I could enjoy and is easy aand cheap to maintain looks goood and is above year 2001 and 2002
And this one quite caught my atention

But before I buy it I will of course take a drive with it and see how it is I do thaat always to check if everything is ok with the car
Well, I would hope you wouldn't pile a family of 5 into this thing! :D

I really like Tiburons ("Tibbys") and there are some real nice ones around, but I don't think they offered the 1.6 in the US. It either got the Sonata 4 banger or the 6 cylinder.

There's a red one around that is real nice. The guy's about your age and takes care of it. I don't even think he drives it in winter.

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
No it isnt turbo charged (if it was id probaly land in jail pretty fast never had a gas car on turbo yet)

And this is a year 2003 I dont know if these are the same ones? Maybe for European market it was made a bit diffrent..
And I was looking at year 2002 too since theey are the same...
And parts arent that badly expensive
Just curious, where are you?

I know Europe often gets models with smaller engines than we get in the US because of the price of fuel there. I don't know if I could afford to drive in Europe. But I sure would like to give it a try! :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well llets say I couldnt survive with a 3000gt (except if you drive 50 km/h)
Fuel prices are around 1.10? per liter (about 1.40$ or so not sure)
So tanking a coupe by us (it has a 55l gas tank) would end up at around 60? around 70 dollars or so

1 - 15 of 15 Posts