Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hyundai Forums Admin.
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<div align='center'>

With Hyundai's recent sales success, the Korean automaker is considering expanding its product offerings to include new models in the luxury segment that would rival the most popular and high-volume vehicles currently offered by Japanese and German competitors. While Hyundai already offers the Genesis Sedan and the new Equus flagship model, the two vehicles being studied include a direct rival to the BMW 3 Series and as well as a crossover that would target the Lexus RX350.

To do this Hyundai is likely to officially spin-off the Genesis name into its own brand says Hyundai Motor America President John Krafcik. Three plans are being considered, with the most likely being to sell the luxury models in the same dealership as the current Hyundai lineup, using the dealer-within-a-dealer strategy. The two other options include keeping the cars branded as Hyundais, or building all new dealers to support the new models, just as Toyota did with Lexus and Honda with Acura.

Krafcik is eager to expand, but says the decision won't be made any time soon with the key factor being the success of the Equus – a full-sized luxury sedan aimed at vehicles like the Mercedes S-Class but costing 30 percent less at $58,000.

More: Hyundai Considering BMW 3 Series, Lexus RX Rivals Under Genesis Brand on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hyundai should do a better job of supporting current Genesis owners. They (We) are out there driving them and some dealers are lacking in their support of them. Also, there are quality control issues ... the tilt steering wheel and others. The Bluetooth and GPS functions are not up to par with other luxury cars.

·
Registered
589 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
QUOTE (elp_jc @ Dec 25 2010, 04:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=383331
Would you care to elaborate on that? Thx.

What is being referred to is the following, the replacement module to fix this issues for those who are having it has only been out since the end of November and are still not readily available in large quantities....

There is a pattern of steering wheel positioning problems with 2009 and 2010 Genesis sedans. There is a service bulletin for this, and Hyundai is dealing with it. A faulty limit switch is often cited. Dealers have reported that the part can be hard to get, as the problem is wide-spread.

There are both memory issues (auto-return of the wheel to the set position) and the loss of the ability to change the tilt angle and the wheel distance to the driver.

Hope this helps to clarify it some, I haven't noted it in my 2010 3.8L Sedan but I don't mess with the tilt/telescopic feature much at all...I have never seen the steering wheel move up and out of the way when your exiting the vehicle, though I'm not sure if it's suppose to or not. I know the seat moves back but am not sure if the steering wheel is also part of the easy enter/exit feature.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts