Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Would be a foolish move. I think they would do better offering a mini pickup like the old Nissan Frontiers (Hardbody) or old Toyota Tacoma with a 4 cyl, they are just not offered any more. I know I would be interested.

·
Registered
154 Posts
When i was at the pgh auto show, i asked the Hyundai rep about this and i was told they have successfully sold trucks for years abroad, but it's too expensive to modify it to get it through all the regulations we have, so it isn't likely, so apparantly trucks aren't anything new for Hyundai.

·
Registered
66 Posts
QUOTE (tCizzler @ May 9 2010, 07:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321153
When i was at the pgh auto show, i asked the Hyundai rep about this and i was told they have successfully sold trucks for years abroad, but it's too expensive to modify it to get it through all the regulations we have, so it isn't likely, so apparantly trucks aren't anything new for Hyundai.

It isnt. But most of them are for commercial purposes, like heavy duty diesel trucks.

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (BiXLL @ May 8 2010, 09:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321090
Would be a foolish move. I think they would do better offering a mini pickup like the old Nissan Frontiers (Hardbody) or old Toyota Tacoma with a 4 cyl, they are just not offered any more. I know I would be interested.
I agree. Recently, I happened to stumble upon an article about the Ford Ranger, and I was looking at the 2010 models and couldnt believe how similar they still look to the ones from the 1990s. So I went over to Wikipedia and read about the different model years, and found out that Ford had intended on discontinuing the Ranger, but because every other company that offered a small pickup, has sort of abanonded that market segment by making their trucks bigger and bigger, the Ford Ranger is now the only small pickup sold in the US. So Ford wisely decided to ride out the profit wave by offering an outdated pickup with a low power 4 cylinder, simply because no one else does.

If Hyundai, or any other company, realized that the small pickup market is still something that people want, they could make a fortune!

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
That article just reeks of negativity and sounds as though the author is trying to imply that only American car companies should try to make big trucks or sports cars. I will agree that the Titan has never been a runaway sales success but the Tundra is very popular around these parts. And to say that the Tundra is solely responsible for Toyota's recent troubles is probably the dumbest thing written in quite some time. Vehicles aren't responsible for corporate troubles...mismanagement is.

Bottom line...the person who wrote that article is an idiot.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
QUOTE (BiXLL @ May 8 2010, 09:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321090
When I bought my Tacoma last year, I WISHED Hyundai marketed a truck that size. I would LOVE to have a Tacoma-sized
or slightly smaller truck with 4 or 5cyl diesel of around 150hp. I didn't like the Tacoma, Frontier, Ranger, Colorado a lot, but
settled on the Tacoma. Someone, anyone, bring on a mid-size diesel truck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts