Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I don't believe there's a thread on this topic yet. So I got my Hyundai vehicle care today and was wondering if the services (oil change/tire rotation) can only be done at the dealer where I bought my car from. "Your selling dealer will then perform the services on the coupon -it's as easy as that!" <----back of the front page booklet. The dealer where I got my Sonata from almost is 2 hrs away. Can anyone confirm if this is correct or can be perform at any Hyundai dealership? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I looked into this before I bought my car. This is why I chose a dealership closer to home. As far as I know it is the selling dealership only. Unless I guess the dealership you go to participates in Vehicle Care as well, and can take your selling dealership's coupon. Another dealership that was a little closer to my home than my selling dealership offered a pre-paid maintenance plan like Vehicle Care, but it was offered by another company EDIT: So they didnt honor Vehicle Care from selling dealership.

We bought a maintenance plan from FORD, which is MUCH better (covers more services and parts), and also can be used at ANY Ford dealership.

Unfortunately Hyundai's Vehicle Care is not as comprehensive.

So good luck, and ask around to your dealerships.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Adamleefirsthyundai @ Oct 27 2010, 08:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366816
I looked into this before I bought my car. This is why I chose a dealership closer to home. As far as I know it is the selling dealership only. Unless I guess the dealership you go to participates in Vehicle Care as well, and can take your selling dealership's coupon. Another dealership that was a little closer to my home than my selling dealership offered a pre-paid maintenance plan like Vehicle Care, but it was offered by another company EDIT: So they didnt honor Vehicle Care from selling dealership.

We bought a maintenance plan from FORD, which is MUCH better (covers more services and parts), and also can be used at ANY Ford dealership.

Unfortunately Hyundai's Vehicle Care is not as comprehensive.

So good luck, and ask around to your dealerships.
The dealer I got my Sonata from offer the best price for my Sonata limited (25k loaded) participate in USAA Auto Circle Program. This really suck if the maintenance service coupons only good at the dealer I got my sonata from. They're 200 miles away. I'm in the military and I don't know how long i'll be in NC.

Hope for the best, i'll get with the dealer and update you guys on this issue.

BUcWiLD- "how much extra was that plan?"

It's only $10 more to my monthly payment and it's good for 35k/ 3yrs of maint.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
QUOTE (rice4u @ Oct 27 2010, 10:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366837
The dealer I got my Sonata from offer the best price for my Sonata limited (25k loaded) participate in USAA Auto Circle Program. This really suck if the maintenance service coupons only good at the dealer I got my sonata from. I'm in the military and I don't know how long i'll be in NC.

Hope for the best, i'll get with the dealer and update you guys on this issue.

BUcWiLD- "how much extra was that plan?"

It's only $10 more to my monthly payment and it's good for 35k/ 3yrs of maint.

My dealer threw in the free services when we bought the car, and was EXTREMELY accommodating to me during the entire process. They have more than earned my loyalty and despite them being about 90 miles away, I plan on going back there for all my services. I have another dealer about a half a mile from my house but they would not work with me on price so they didnt get the opportunity to earn my service business. It helps that there is family on the way to the dealer so there will be two reasons to travel that direction when we go. I am in Terre Haute (west edge of Indiana), family is on west side of Indy (middle of Indiana) and dealer is on the Eastern side (Indy Hyundai). I also love driving the car, am putting a nice stereo in it, so a periodic road trip will be no big deal. I am used to making a 400 mile trek every other weekend for the past 2-3 years (which will stop as of this weekend in fact--very happy) so the 90 miles is nothing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts