Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an email the other day telling me that I would need to update the Blue Link app on my phones this coming Friday or else I would lose access to the remote functions.

Does anyone know what Hyundai is updating?

·
Registered
2013 Sonata SE
248 Posts
i haven't got an email at all....hmm

·
Registered
458 Posts
I got the email, doesn't make sense as my app shows it was just updated a few days ago, will wait until Friday to see if new update is available. Also all apps on my I-phone auto update.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I thought the email was odd, sending an update notice 2 weeks in advance, I deleted the email and forgot about it until I saw this thread. I can see an update notice a few days, oh well we will see.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I just re-newed my subscription. Since I de-activated it a month ago, I was told to reinstall the app on my phone. I have not received an update from Bluelink, nor did they say anything about a pending update. I will wait and see what happens Friday.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I too got that update. My I-Phone auto updates and I just checked the update section and it has not updated Bluelink, nor is it scheduled to update it today. We'll just have to see what happens tomorrow I guess. I wonder if we'll have to uninstall and re-install the app!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well, let's speculate then. What changes will they make and what changes would you like? Maybe they'll hear us before they send it out or the next one after that.

Personally, the app, while pretty cool & mostly convenient compared to many other remote starts on the key chain, can be kind of annoying sometimes. I like that I can start it from basically anywhere. My biggest gripe, is that it takes a minimum of 12-15 seconds from logging into your phone to remote start on its greatest day. Sometimes that's way too long and and can be cut short in several ways. The redundant log in, splash screen, the animations, and the button placement all account for a frustrating length of time it takes to start the car when you want an early start-up despite being in a bit of a rush, and then sometimes it fails, or tells you it fails when it really didn't, and you try again when you don't have to.

I also don't necessarily like the lights blaring once the car starts. Let's face it, the Sonata parking & signal lights are bright as ****, and it invites attention to a running, unattended car, especially one you may have started blindly from deep inside a building where you can't see it. Not sure if an app update could fix that, but I thought I'd identify it in case some software could change that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Okay...3PM on Saturday December 21st. The App store on my I-phone shows that my app was not auto updated nor is there an available update. I just tried it on my wife's 2013 Sonata Limited and the remote starting worked fine, so what's up Hyundai????

·
Registered
113 Posts
Do you guys have navigation? I have a 2013 elantra, but no mavigation or push start. If it worked that would be cool, but I'm not counting on it. Lol
I have no nav and no push button start, and everything but the remote start on the app works, even though I can remote start from the fob.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Remote start via the app will only work if you have a push button start vehicle.

So Hyundai, what's up with your email and the December 20th date, huh???

1 - 20 of 30 Posts