Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Is it common for Hyundai Avante to catch fire? Mine did - the story goes that I parked my car at my usual parking lot and 4 hours later, a fire broke out. The car is now beyond repair and the incident occurred less than 3 weeks ago.

On the same day, the SCDF attending the incident said another Hyundai car caught fire. The next day, when my car was towed to the workshop to pend for insurance investigation, another Avante was sent in because of engine catching fire as well.

My question is, is this common for Hyundai Avante & if Hyundai Sg is able to give any form of compensation? My car is only 5 years old - in the current car climate, it's impossible to buy another car even if insurance pays out (if they do).

Fellow users, give me some advise.

Cheers,
Distraughted Hyundai User
Jake

·
Registered
4 Posts
For your case is quite rare to hear that after u parked your car 4hrs later engine caught fire by itself...there must be something that trigger the fire. Engine stop will never catch fire by itself unless ur car is not stock, meaning there should be some electrical stuff still running even after car is off.

·
9,149 Posts
Very hard to believe that after parking 4 hours and car got fire...Usually car caught fire is when owner did a lot of illegal modification to the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts