Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rac salesman stopped me today did i want cover i said i had hyundai assist he said it did not cover punctures flat tyres also fuel contamination when i got home i rang hyundai assist and they said all is covered flat tyres fuel contamination he was so aggresive and said that if i broke down on the motorway i would have to pay over £200 to be towed off the motorway.he suggested i pay £29.99 to cover flat tyres fuel contamination.any you guys been told this when out and about please.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Probably commission based sales that's why they lie , I doubt he would have put that in writing for you

·
Registered
245 Posts
RAC salesmen in supermarket doorways etc. are well known to give misleading information in order to sign you up. Approach each one with the same caution you would give a politician. I would also report the idiot to the RAC and tell them he/she is not exactly helping the RAC's dwindling reputation.

I'd also have rang Hyundai assist in front of him and then pass the phone over - seeing how Hyundai assist is the RAC.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I'd also have rang Hyundai assist in front of him and then pass the phone over - seeing how Hyundai assist is the RAC.
So is Hyundai customer support :). The RAC were the UK importers for Hyundai before Hyundai took over and the customer support is still RAC legacy.

The RAC definitely turn out for flat tyres by the way.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
today the rac sales person i passed on my comments he still would not have it he said it is on hyundai website terms conditions for the rac cover i have looked and can not find it.and thanks for the comments.

·
22,793 Posts
Hey, lads and ladies across the Big Pond. What is RAC? Royal Automobile Club? Akin to the American Automobile Association here in the colonies for us Yanks? It bails you out of trouble with flats, breakdown, towing, battery starts, etc.?

·
22,793 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts