Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Interesting. By the numbers that is still a very low percentage of the vehicles on the road. I'd have to reset my work calculator to get enough digits below the decimal point to get the exact percentage. Not dismissing the article but with two newer ones in the family...Not overly concerned either.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yeah...read this through various news outlets early last week...seems the incidents are fractional in number...but they still need to address the cause.

·
Registered
16 Posts
“However, when these Kia and Hyundai vehicles are compared to other similar vehicles that were manufactured at the same time, there is enough of a statistical disparity to suggest..."

But no actual comparison numbers or basis for 'similarity' provided. I call competitor funded shilling.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
The reality is that we have fuel pressures that are much higher than those of even a few years ago. Even a slight leak sprays / vaporizes fuel in a way that is easily ignitable. We have a lot more wiring, some of which is necessary and much of which is for market driven nonsense. More wiring equals a greater chance of one being pinched or chaffed. We also have counterfeit fuses out there that do not work as advertised and allow the wiring to overheat and catch fire rather than the fuse simply opening the circuit when said wiring gets pinched or chaffed.

The number of vehicle fires overall will continue to increase in the years ahead........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts