Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if it is normal that the ignition coil gets hots are a journey of around 30 miles. I have and hyundai accent gls 4 doors model of 1995. Three months ago I had to change the ignitor since it burned out. I was told that his had happened since the ignition coil had misfunctions. So I changed the ignition coil.
Now I afraid because the coil is getting hot after a journey and I don't won't to spend around 185 Dollars to renewal the ignitor again.

Can someone answer me

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes the coil will get quite warm whilst in operation you must realise what the action that the coil undertakes, it gets supplied battery voltage and multiplies that into tens and tens of thousands of volts.
I have never had an igniter fail on me ,so I can not distinguish whether or not you have a problem with your vehicle without physically seeing the vehicle.

However, I can give you a test procedure to carry out given that you have access to a multimeter.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Also - all parts you buy / have fitted should come with a warranty (normally 6 months to a year depending on what kind of componant it is) so if it does fail again soon you shouldn't have to pay for a replacement.

Also - if you do have to replace it again soon then I would say that the ignition coil is not at fault - and therefore the garage where you got the information from is at fault.

I would advise getting a multimeter as they are not expensive now, and if Dr. Hundi would be so kind as to post the test procedure then I'd test it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts