Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a Pilipino mechanic I have a problem the original crankshaft was broken the machine chains a new after the I assemble the engine all timing mark seted then I put the engine to unit and all electrical socket connected put battery everything completed every erference voltage is ok all sensor is fine when I crank the engine the crank position sensor is sending signal to tacometer and the engine is not starting when I check the voltage to the magnetic valve of the pressure fuel pump no voltage coming out also no injector pulse when I check same accent there is voltage coming out to the magnetic valve of the pressure fuel pump also have injector pulse but later I noticed that the unit the side mirror was remove is there possible that the side mirror have a sensor going to that computer box that's the engine is not starting some body have a kind heart to help me solve the problem

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Sorry difficult to understand you
Your post is one long run-on sentence

So, you have a crank, no start for a diesel engine??
First no injector pulse then yes injector pulse??
Crankshaft was broken?? You fix it??
Do you have oscilloscope??
Check timing of injector pulse to injectors?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hello thank you for looking into the issue and apologies for the confusion, so we change the crankshaft (it's brandnew) but after the change the injector pulse isn't working (no current) and the magnetic valve on the fuel pressure pump isn't working too (no current).

We don't have an oscilloscope, I used an automotive test light to test the injector pulse.

Any idea what could potentially happen?

·
Registered
12,690 Posts
The solenoid valve on the back of the fuel pump (the IMV - Inlet Metering Valve) should have a 12V power supply when the ignition is switched on. Are you saying there is no power being supplied to the valve?

Does the engine check light illuminate when you turn the ignition on?

Have you tried connecting a scan tool to check for trouble codes? This is more to check that the tool is able to communicate with the engine computer, but if there are codes you may as well share them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes there is no power being supplied to the valve, and the engine check light illuminate when the key is in on position.

I don't have a scanning tool, wasn't able to go that far, we've done the same procedure on 2 other car (same model) but we didn't encounter similar issue, the only difference I see is that the car that we had issue doesn't have side mirror not sure if there are sensor in it that requires attaching the side mirror first (this is just my thoughts not sure if that has something to do with the issue).

What should I do to further diagnose the issue?

·
Registered
12,690 Posts
What should I do to further diagnose the issue?
There is another solenoid valve on the fuel rail (the DRV). It will have two wires, one of which should also be a 12V power supply. I would check to see if that solenoid is being supplied with power.
There is also a pressure sensor on the rail which has three wires, one of which should be a 5V power supply. I would also check to see if the sensor 5V supply is good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sir thank you for your time answering my problem I cannot reply because of my cellphone but now is ok I open the wiring harness I poundout that there is a curossion, on that wire that feed the magnetic valve of the fuel pressure pump no the engine start and fine. can I ask some favor where I can buy a auto scanner here in the Philippines

1 - 9 of 9 Posts